Bennets Insurance

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rudeboy, Jun 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi all
    just a word of warning for anybody insured with Bennets bike insurance and who drives for a living ill cut a long storey short here so was planning to do some work on the cousins Bonny suspension upgrades and i thought id ask if insured to ride another bike third party only not hired or belonging to me as it says in there policy booklet that you are theres no exclusion on my certificate to say i was or was not so being cautious I contacted them and to my horror apparantly not insured as I am a HGV driver so I drive for the AA and guess what there underwriters are Saga (aka the AA) my job has nothing to do with motorcycles and is completely unrelated any other profession is fine im told baker office worker butcher ect but not a driver so i cancelled it as they could not give me what i had paid for they tried it on too trying to charge admin ect but in the end backed down just thought id write this so it dont catch anybody else out like after asking hastings the same question they said it makes no difference what your occupation is so i went with them in the end.
    it would of been a bad day if I had rode it and something had happened.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    So let me get this right, Bennet's said you were not insured on the policy you had paid for because your profession is a driver!
    How did this happen, surely you would have told them what you did when the policy was taken out it did they just decide you weren't covered when you called with your query.

Gordon Bennett that is a strange situation

3. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Both i declared it on taking it out did not see anything on the certificate so rang up and asked if all was good ive had it nearly three months all seemed ok then they say i cant ride any other bike as the underwriter Saga wont allow it very strange indeed.

4. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Through past experience - I wouldn't insure a skate board with Bennets. Just try leaving mid term - bloomin ridiculous charges.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Im now finding out all this bad stuff about them now after reading the horror stories on here Hastings seem ok though at the moment had them a few years back when I had a 1200 bandit no issues but I guess theyre all as bad as one another

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup they're all as bad as each other, but thankfully not all at the same time!! Kind of like bad cop not so bad cop!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bodger

Bodger Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Solihull, West Midlands
    Hmm, don't sound good as I've just taken out a policy for my Thruxton with them.
    Originally I tried to take a multi bike policy with MCE for my Thruxton and Thunderace... £441. That doesn't make sense I told the young girl
    It's only £126 for my Thunderace
    I can't ride them both are the same time? So I insured them separately
    Thunderace £126 MCE and Thruxton £120 Bennetts. So much for multi bike policies being cheaper.

8. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Its all a big swizz id say designed to grab our hard earnt cash

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Bodger

Bodger Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Solihull, West Midlands
    I'm all in favour of MCE sponsoring bike racing but I'm not personally willing to pay for one of the trophieso_O.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I would not touch Bennetts with a barge poll ,try to make me pay an extra £50 on my quote because someone reversed into my car in a car park when I was not even in the car at the time and the claimed was settled without using the insurance companies ,said it made me a bigger risk .You can stick Bennetts where the sun does not shine ,went to Carole Nash much cheaper and said the incident in the car park would not make any difference to my quote because it did not involve a claim being made by an insurance company and the incident was nothing to do with me ,Bennetts where just trying to squeeze more money out of me :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Well happy with Hastings Direct so far all the docs have come through online and it all looks proper worded riding other bikes permitted ect and it was reasonable for the top level comprehensive cover helmets leather motor legal personal accident euro riding ect

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Got that sorted then Nick, my bike is yours to ride whenever you like now mate :grinning:

13. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Cheers Dude good job springs didnt fit on the day otherwise would of been testing it with none atall
    :cold_sweat:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Those were the days lol, looks like you gotta pay to post in a forum, pay your fiver before you get slated mate, or told your leaching.:confused: Still if you do there is a punchline worth seeing lol

15. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Gordon Bennett !

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Bennett.... Good one, Carol Nash is the girl.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    ive been there a few times well not with her personally to there premisis in Altrincham

18. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    Just added a bike to my existing Bennets policy and they removed all the other benefits ie recovery, helmet and leathers, legal cover charged as extra from the original policy I'd already paid for! On top of the additional costs for the bike. They also charged a £32 admin fee for the pleasure of doing business with me.

"Hi Bennets, which part of - I want the same cover on my new bike as my existing" didnt you understand.... Oh yeah and remove the items I've already paid for.

19. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Their customer don't care department is superior to most:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dazza215

Dazza215 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Kings Norton
    I've tried that and basically got nothing back.

21. Dazza215

Dazza215 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Kings Norton
    I've tried that and basically got nothing back.