Bennets Insurance

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rudeboy, Jun 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. spike

spike New Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Lake District
    Please check the small print before you have any dealings with Bennetts. I didn't and it cost me. BEWARE

2. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    There is so much small print and dodgy jargon that missing something is easy. :confused:

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think there is a tick box that asks if you have read and understood the small print. If you tick it they refuse to insure you!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Never again after that experience thankfully I've read the wording on the current Hastings policy and it all seems fine spoke to there customer service team also to confirm I could ride others nothing bad to write about I'm sure others have had bad experiences be good to hear those also

5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    There are hundreds of posts on the forum regarding insurance Rudeboy.
    Unfortunately most of them are negative from bad personal experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england

7. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Ditch them and give Carole Nash a ring !!!!

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

My insurance is due on 3rd Aug :confused:
    Been with Bennetts
    Last year £114.16
    This year £185.26:eek:
    Bugger off I said :mad:
    Hold on they said...see what we can do :)...£151.24:confused:
    Bugger off I repeated :mad: and take me off auto renew
    Next.....Carol Nash
    £191.22:mad:FFS...no way!
    Hold on they said...see what we can do :)...£171.21:mad:
    Bugger off says I :mad:
    Hold on they said...see what we can do :)...£146.23:mad:
    ARGHHH...bugger off :mad: starting to boil my piss now :mad:
    CALM DOWN
    CALM DOWN
    CALM DOWN :worried:
    Right....MCN COMPARE :)
    Ride other bikes...check
    No claims protection...check
    Legal protection...check
    Trailer...check
    Modified...check
    Cocktail shakers...check
    Fully comp...check
    Heart attack (no restrictions)...check
    Up comes Hastings Direct :)
    £113.83:grinning:..woohoo...result :p
    Cheaper than last year :cool:
    What a bloody palaver that was though :confused:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Don't get me started:mad:

10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Go on you know you want to :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Not tonight not letting those w@nkers spoil my evening:) (nearly dilligaf!!)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Had a bad heart attack aged 49:(
    4 stents fitted and stopped from driving/riding for 3 months
    Had to tell DVLA and insurance :confused:
    But DVLA class it NO RESTRICTIONS :) and because of this insurance company's can't discriminate against me on medical grounds because it's not an ailment that affects my ability to drive/ride but I still have to declare it

• Useful Useful x 2
  13. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    I ended up with Hastings Direct also they dont seem so bad after the bad experience I had with Bennetts.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    +1 for Hastings. I insure both my T120 and S type Jag with them - consistently the cheapest eventually. However, this year for the car, they tried to charge double what I paid last year - went on to go compare and best quote was.... Hastings at half the price they quoted me for renewal! One phone call later and they agreed to match the on-line price - result.
    Always worth doing a comparison.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bob Allen

Bob Allen New Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Lightwater, Surrey, UK
    be thankful you have not got a BMW and insurance through them.

I have (soon to not have) a BMW r1200RT, insured through BMW themselves (they use Devitts), so it covers BMW events, test rides etc and was actually cheaper than the quote direct from Devitts.

I am now (or will be on Sat 22nd) a 2014 Thunderbird LT owner (t.bird -3 and counting)!!
    So I rang BMW to cancel the insurance and expected the usual 'cancelation fee sir' crap.. boy did I get a shock...
    "that will be £55 pounds plus your insurers fee, total of £88 please sir"

Bleedin ell! £55 quid for what!!! making me wait on the phone to get through and then go on the computer and put in the cancellation date !!!!

god damn rip off or what!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. James Nigel Helliwell

Jun 20, 2017
    UK
    I'm currently with Hastings and never again. Got wiped out on my four week of XCA, not happy, but accidents happen. As my bikes a two bike policy they got the wrong bike down as being involved in the accident even though they were provided with all information, that triggered a whole load of other issues. My bike had full luggage fitted which I declared when I insured the bike, they tried to deny this but when I made a complaint and told them to check their recorded calls, it was proven that I had declared it. It has taken seven weeks to get paid out for my bike and still waiting for any payment for luggage, they seem to be trying to get out of paying for the panniers as I got them free as part of the Triumph promotion. Service has been terrible. I was with Bennetts several years ago and in all fairness they were spot on. Unfortunately we don't know how good any insurance company is until we need them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    [QUOTE="Bob Allen, post: 130704, member: 7706"

So I rang BMW to cancel the insurance and expected the usual 'cancelation fee sir' crap.. boy did I get a shock...
    "that will be £55 pounds plus your insurers fee, total of £88 please sir"

Bleedin ell! £55 quid for what!!! making me wait on the phone to get through and then go on the computer and put in the cancellation date !!!!

god damn rip off or what!!![/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience last year when I cancelled a bennetts policy mid term. I can't remember the exact figure but it was over £70 to cancel. And to put the boot in the phone call cost me nearly £20 because they kept me on the line that long. After a lengthy complaints procedure they sent me a cheque to cover the cost of the phone call after I accused them of sharp practise. Bu88ers.

18. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Had to laugh just reading these, not coz of the prices or the crap service........... but coz at the bottom of the page there was an ad for confused.com, talk about takin the piss??

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Great when you subscribe - no ads..

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    i have no complaints so far so may have been lucky,fully comp for £99 2011 speedy i was with Bewiser last time and they demanded pics of both log books,licences all pages and then charged me over £60 to change from r1 and zrx to zrx and speedy for 1 nth cover,even messed up reg after me sending pics of v5 and charged me extra fir their error.

• WTF WTF x 1