Anyone With Spare Pennies Please Help Charlie

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Oct 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes mate never have I bullied or picked on anyone and always stood for the underdog. But at heart I am a big softie and i like it that way. The family Of Charlie contacted the boy to say how greatful they are for all the support this forum has given
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Don The Don
    Least I can do as I promised. You people are the best and I love every one of you. Like I said the family of Charlie contacted the boy to say how greatful they are to all you good people. And yes he is a great kid and i love him so much. You know when he works up London he treats all the homeless to a meal and sits with them to give them comfort. His work mates don't understand him. Takes after his Mum.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Chair1.
    Thankyou from the bottom of my heart as I Also say to all the great Brothers and Sisters on here that at this difficult time found it in their hearts to help a stranger in his hour of need. The family said thanks and could not believe how this forum has helped. I love you all and wish you all the best in the world.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Chair1
    Yes you hooligans are unique and world apart from the people standing there frowning. This cause proves it beyond doubt. You know he takes after his Mum she is so fantastic.
    Joe:triumph::heart:

• Like Like x 5
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    Yes Tracy reminded me that I owe it to all you fantastic to keep the promise I made to you to share the progress. He takes after his Mum she is a unique lady With a heart so big it slows her down. You know I have asked her before what ever did she see in me. Soon I will share a picture with you all to show you the latest motor bike she just gifted to me. I love her and the boy so much. And love all you great people equally. I have never been used to all this kindness. You all are the salt of the earth. And as I said the Family of Charlie contacted the boy to express their thanks and love to every one. Me I can't believe it how generous you all have been. Like Chair1 said the public look at us as trouble makers. Really wish everyone would read this forum not only this post but all the helping words that have come from the hooligan they think we are.
    Joe

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Just wanted to share this mail my Son sent me. But i got to say it's not me it's you all of you that is brining Charlie closer to his goal. Joe
    It’s you drumming it up not me so the thanks should be for you! It’s incredibly kind of them, it’s easy to treat our loved ones well, what’s a true measure of character is how we treat complete strangers when no one is around! So they are clearly a good hearted bunch!
    I’ll be sure to get some videos over to them thanking them!
    Make sure to talk motorbikes as well! Nothing wrong with enjoying the positive still as well
    Steven

• Love You Love You x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Wise words Joe, the folk on this forum come together in times of need take care mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Don the Don
    But it's not me it's you fantastic people out there. People I have never met or seen or talked to other than here that need the thanks. What big hearts you all have. I do really love you all. Good thing covid has saved me from hugging you all. (Attempt at a joke there;):mask:)
    Joe:):joy:

• Like Like x 4
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peeps sorry about this but the run won't now happen till tomorrow. Don't know why it was postponed. I also know they are not to happy about my age running so my pace making will be cut down to just a few laps as and when he needs helping.
    Regards
    Joe:mask::blush::sweat:

• Like Like x 7
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well my friends and beloved family the double marathon is over. My boy did something like 52 miles. I am so sorry I bowed out after about eight / ten and not all of those were continuous I spread them out when I though he needed some company but all his good friends turned up and did an impressive job of keeping him going. It was a great day. Even Charlie's Parents popped along and I got to meet them. They said to express their heartfelt thoughts to everyone who helped to get the fund going. And today my boy broke the three thousand pound mark. I think that is awesome and it's thanks to people like you that made that possible. I got some video of start and finish but my phone died right at the end so I have asked for family and friends to supply any footage they took then i will try to download it for you. By the way I do ache all over. The bike will stay in the garage tomorrow
    Love and regards to all.
    Joe

• Like Like x 7
  11. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Well done Joe, still a fine effort mate, and a well done all round.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Don the Don
    Sitting here and I hurt all over. Never knew I could hurt so terribly and it be self inflicted. But to meet Charlie's Parents really made my day. What a great couple and what great parents. I pray God takes it on himself to send some mercy and help. Believe I am praying so hard for this.
    Joe

• Love You Love You x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    JtC
    I have always bee a little crazy yes now i know i am
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ducatitotriumph
    Wish I had of let you come down as it wasn't policed at all. the boy ran the 52 miles with some type of sensor. And it was i nice day Sorry I put you of. But now I owe you that meet and hopefully soon as I can thank you.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    image1 (1).jpeg

This should be it and I have fulfilled my promise.
    Joe

• Like Like x 5
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    O'h my dear family. I know I said I would not be using the forum as much. But I have to show you all this as you helped to make it possible. This forum and the patrons were the biggest supporters and you can see just how well you have done and that is just those who followed my Darling Son who I love so much. And maybe there might just be someone here who hasn't read or followed the run and would like to add the price of a beer to the fund there's a young boy with his parents with tears in their eyes who need you and I know as I have seen it personally. And my soul went cold with shivers that our father in heaven lets this happen to an innocent child. I promise I will not bother you fantastic any more about this
    https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/...raise-money-charlie-ilsleys-cancer-treatment/
    Love you all Joe:kissing_heart::sun:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
  17. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This is truly amazing and heart-warming, Joe. Please give your Steven a big hug and tell him that people that he has never even met are amazed by his giving heart (and body!) and inspired by his caring and generosity. :heart:

If you would please keep us posted on Charlie's progress, too, that would be great. :):kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    You can go on the Charlie page and follow his brave journey
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    Privateer
    That makes me so happy and warm. And every pennies Charlie gets is I hope an end to his and his Families tortures and pain. I have now contacted the Reading Chronicle just to say that a big chunk of the funds were donated by you great people who as bikers seem to get unnoticed unless its bad. And a picture of my ugly mug here.
    Regards and love
    Joe:kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Joe, I’m a bit late to the finish line as usual...only just seen this thread as I remember.
    Anyway, donation done.
    Best to Charlie, your Steven and you, Joe.
    Cheers,Ken.

• Like Like x 5