Anyone With Spare Pennies Please Help Charlie

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Oct 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    #1 joe mc donald, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    This is a cause that has caught mine and my Families heart. My boy is running two marathons back to back to raise funds

This really is Charlie’s last shot at beating this awful disease.. I can not imagine what Charlie and his family are going through right now.

In order to raise as much as I can to help I will be working extra and donating each week.. I am also going to run two back to back marathons 52.4 miles around Dorney Lake on 14th November in under 10 hours I aimed to have 6 months training considering I couldn’t run more than 5k 6 months ago this really will be my toughest challenge I have ever faced. However given Charlie’s situation 6 weeks will have to be enough. I have a page set up so I can double what I raise through my employers fundraising scheme however do please share Charlie’s fundraising page:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/steven-mcdonald-1...

This is Charlie Ilsley and incredible 13 year old young man who has battled cancer since he was diagnosed at 8 years old. Unfortunately due to covid his treatment was stopped and his family have taken the decision to take him to Mexico for treatment. This has put a huge amount of financial burden on his parents a single trip costing in the region of £25,000.. I know times are uncertain for us all some people have been impacted terribly in this pandemic. However if you are in a position to help then please do.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

£20 donated hope this helps :heart:

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Done. Wishing Charlie all the best.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    A great cause Joe, sorted mate here's wishing the lad all the best

• Like Like x 6
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dilligaf
    You know i knew you would be first. Don't know why this has touched me so much. Maybe as i have lost two of my Boys to dreadful illnesses it is like going through it again even though i don't even know the family. But from the bottom of my heart i say ThankYou
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 2
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    MadMrB
    And again i thank you from the bottom of my heart. I thought when i started this peeps would say sod of Joe.
    Joe

• Like Like x 5
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Don the Don
    Thank you so so much. Just affected me this one having lost two of my precious Boy to dreadful illnesses. Thanks again.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    Sorted.

Oldfart

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    OldFart
    Thanks again from the bottom of my heart. I am praying that our father in heaven lays his blessed hand apon this child and of course all children who need him most. Again thankyou.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Done

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Thripster
    You peeps are the best. I thank you so sincerely.
    God Bless you and yours.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Just though i would thank all you that dipped into your pockets for this Lad and his Family. It really means a lot to me. Don't know why but it does. I am thinking of putting my T140e up for raffle to aid his cause. Any good idea's on how one goes about this.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Done Joe. Wishing Charlie all the best

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Streetgirl675
    You are a star. Thankyou so very much.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Done. Please keep us updated on this fellow's progress!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Done :cool:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Done.

God bless you for doing this, Joe!

If running a half marathon means you're half crazy, does running a double mean you're twice as crazy? :p

Seriously, good luck with the run and stay safe.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ducatitotriumph.
    Yes i will try to keep you all in the picture mate. Little fellow has all the odds against him at present. And i think this is his last effort. If there is a God i pray he lays his hand on this child. But I fear I am not in his favour. I went to church when my lovely Wife lay in Paddington hospital God I pray and begged till I hurt and she still slipped away before her 26th Birthday. My 17 year old boy lay in Wexham hospital fighting to take every breath. I didn't want to lose him and I begged and I miss him so much. Now I am wailing my eyes out sorry. And My four month old Son with Tracy i never even got the chance to beg. I used to get him out of his cot every morning and put him in with his Mum. One morning i was late and rushed to work only to get the call from my sister in law. So maybe its my turn to bring some hope. And you peeps are fantastic. I love you all for the kindness and Brother ship you give to me.
    Joe.

• Love You Love You x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Steve Lovatt
    Thankyou so very much. This time i really appreciate you all for the help you are giving to this lad.
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
  20. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    JTC
    I am not running my Son is. But I will push him every mile as though i am running my self. Don't know why i got involved but something just took over me to do something for another in need. Most of my life i have been a selfish scrot now I think it is this forum and Tracy has broken through the wall i built around me. I don't handle sadness al that well. You know i have told you all more about me than I ever intended. Alought i laid my truths to two brothers on here that i hold in high esteem. As they are kinder than I.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1