Featured Another T150 Rebuild

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by feckless, Feb 24, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iron

Iron Guest

Yep, agree wholeheartedly. No need for electrickery just new materials, emission sorting and proper brakes. I'd prefer the bread bin tank as well. Enfield seem to have managed it. Aston have done it with their new DB5 (but, admittedly, it's a bit out of my price bracket)

• Like Like x 2
  2. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    got it fired u last night and sounded lovely, dont want to start up again till tonight though as apparently the Omega rings are supposedly hard and bores can glaze up very quickly. how true that is i do not know but better safe than sorry. so it will be out on the roads getting revved later to bed the rings in :D:D:D one advantage of living in the lakes plenty of twisties to exercise the throttle hand

• Like Like x 5
  3. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Ready to roll side panels can wait as they are at the painters with the tank

20210422_081946.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: cracking weather here in Cumbria for its first run too!

• Like Like x 2
  5. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Had a run out on the bike yest. It pulls like a train made a schoolboy error of using the old side stand spring which appeared to be fine whil lst moving it around outside the house. While out riding and braking for a lh bend it decided to deploy itself just as i was about tip in i heard a graunch n the back wheel jumped, i thought the chain had jumped off. But after i pulled up realised it was the stand. Consider myself lucky. New spring ordered. PHEW got away with that one

• Like Like x 5
  6. Iron

Iron Guest

I bet that got your heart a jumpin' - and then the massive sigh of relief when you realised what it was. Phew indeedy. For some reason I always expect a massive problem when going on shake down run around the block. (Mind you, I nearly always get one as well) :).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Sidestand fixed carbs balanced and strobe timed yesterday. So today i shall be out in the glorious sunshine. Got a full tank just need empty roads
    Will let you know how she goes

• Like Like x 3
  8. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    just got back from a very enjoyable 50 mile shakedown run, the bike pulls superbly and the throttle response is excellent. only 1 issue is the new amal premier carbs are hanging on to the revs with a closed throttle, i have checked and there are no air leaks. so going to strip them later and see if anything is amiss. its almost like one of the slides isnt closing but when i synched them with vacuum gauges it suggested they were all shutting.
    any thoughts greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Yes, that would make for a "clenching moment"... I had one donkeys years ago on my Honda 750F1 - no sidestand switches then, and in the first lefthand corner the rear jumped off the tarmac... I could only just save it. Never forgot the side stand again after that, mind...o_O:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Iron

Iron Guest

Have you got the light slide springs in? There's normal and light - sometimes you need to mix them up wiv a 3 carb jobby.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Possible causes if slides are closing are weak mixture or timing advance if the springs are worn for points of faulty battery with Boyer, on a lot of the premier carbs i have fitted i have had to fit the next size up idle jet as Amal have got them wrong, after loads of complaints from Norton owners they have even admitted its a fault lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Thanks all just fitted 19pilots. It has the light springs also.

13. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    had a run out yesterday issue still there, i have narrowed it down to tge carb gantry as if i back off tge idle adjustment screw it revs up n down perfect. Not much play in bushes so will have to check tge rod for wear. At tge moment it can wait as i want to get 500 miles in and do oil change and re torque head.
    Personally dont mind blipping tge throttle at rest as jt sounds lovely LOL
    On another note i hate this feckin hd fire tablet as the always comes out as tge GRRR

• Like Like x 2
  14. Iron

Iron Guest

Ah, I was wondering what a TGE gantry was. Would a worn rod cause the revs to hang? If the rod is sloppy the springs should still close the slides. Ah, yes, I suppose it could be worn at one end so when you have adjusted the idle the unworn end keeps the revs up.
    Sorry, just thinking aloud. Are you sure none of the slides are sticking, couldn't be worn so no air leaking passed, you've said they are new. You could swap the slides around I suppose but it's a bit of an arse.
    yep, I agree get some miles done, if one of the slides is sticking a bit it should wear in given some exercise :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    This is what he means, but it would be unusual for the rod to bind with the combination of three carb springs pushing it all closed, I would go along with an air leak or mixture/timing problem, I would presume that the balancing screws are sealing on the inlet stubs?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Thanks for the input. It is definitely gantry related. If i turn down the idle screw so the bike will not idle, the revs rise n fall perfectly. As soon as i turn it up i get the hanging revs. I am just going to use as is to get the 500 miles in. Then take the air filter off and see how the slides are affected by the idle screw. The gantry bushes do not seem bad.
    Will let you know my findings

17. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Nice run out today.

20210512_144819.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Iron

Iron Guest

Really really nice. I know you have the painted tins on the way but I like the bread bin tanks. You gonna hold on to this one?

• Like Like x 1
  19. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    I am thinking it will be a keeper. As it is great for tge roads round here . With the big bore kit and race cams it makes for nice quick overtakes and is comfortable. . Did 70 miles on it yesterday most of which was trying to avoid the rain so ended up at Silloth.
    Got 300 miles under tbe belt so a couple of nice days and it will be time for oil n filter change, head torque n job done :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Job done

FB_IMG_1622921483705.jpg

• Like Like x 4