Featured Absolutley Nothing To Do With Bikes.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Aug 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    Yes...it's not the fault of the assistants. They just follow rules. One of our local ones usually asks the question, (she knows me), I say "maybe later" and we go on discussing the weather whilst the goods are rung through. She can say then that she asked. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

#62 David Cooper, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    I have my flip up open and they know me, but the manager, who's a jumped up arsehole, insists the staff make everyone remove there bike helmets, I've known the staff for a long long time and they always apologise to me, I'd go elsewhere but I try to support the jobs in my community.

• Like Like x 3
  3. David Cooper

Subscriber

#63 David Cooper, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    When I park up outside any shop in the village they know who it is before I take my helmet off. they recognise Betty Blue before me.

2638-1530421802-ba3ad6bafb3d6c873a24c956eb51ff54.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    The way I see it the holy text of Islam, the Koran, advises men and women to dress modestly and has been interpreted for women to wear the Burka, Niqab etc, so this is a religious item of clothing, the crash helmet is a safety item, so the garage has every right to request a crash helmet to be removed but no right to request a religious item to be removed especially when that item is worn to cover up in the presence of a man to whom they are not married.

The member of staff on minimum wage is following instructions from their management team, do we not all follow instructions of our bosses and if your a boss do you not expect the rules to be followed set by you or your company? I say, just take your helmet off and save the stress for something more important, its not like the women in a Burka has a bomb strapped to her waist is it... Shame on anyone who would complain about someone dressed in what they believe to be proper. : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    As far as I'm aware, wearing of the burkha is nothing to do with the koran. It is nothing at all to do with religion. It is more to do with modesty.

6. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    #66 Andy-K2, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Hi Andy, you'll find the Koran advises men and women to dress modestly, a female is expected to cover up and not show any part of her body except for the hands, feet and face in public, only her husband can have that privilege , the Niqab allows the face to be shown, yes the Burka is her choice just the same as my wife chose to wear an orange dress today, its a personal thing. I guess its the arrogance of being a Brit, wherever we are in the world we expect that country to speak English serve alcohol etc (Saudi Arabia etc) and we have a total disregard to their religion, customs and yet God help anyone chose to wear an item of clothing that does not fit into our idea of what we believe to be proper. We would expect our own wives and girlfriends to dress at least with nothing hanging out, their husbands would expect them to dress as their custom permits i:e fully covered.:relieved:

Im not pro terrorism and anyone would be stupid to think it but I strongly believe in live and let live and in the end its £20 of petrol, do you honestly think that garage is going to miss your money, chances are she put £40 in her motor making the OP less of a profit maker than this poor woman.

7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

https://www.quora.com/If-there-is-n...n-wearing-it-why-cant-they-accept-a-ban-on-it
    http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/women_dress_code_(P1150).html

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Good skills finding that, I said the "Koran advises" still put it down to personal choice religion or not, what right do we have to complain about any ones dress code because we don't understand why? She was probably scared out of her wits as she most likely heard about bikers being racist Hells Angels and scary like the ignorant have heard all Muslims are terrorists. No doubt she has something to say on the matter of buying petrol at £40.00;)

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I just google "what does the quoran say about dress" and they were right at the top, 2 minutes tops. Whos "she"
    If you want to know my take then its 1/2 way down page 4. Cheers.

10. David Cooper

Subscriber

7478.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I agree.
    We should do the same.
    No more smuggling bacon and booze into Saudi,or compounds in India or little England in Benidorm, Yorkshire pudding in Aberdeen, oh wait I like yorkshire pudding, and what about Jack Daniels Honeyed TENNESSEE, whiskey, wait thats Scottish, hold on though they stole it now their selling it back to me, Bast4rds, so Im lost now,American Presidents building Golf Courses, (Scottish ) in Scotland, is that the same thing, where does that leave us?

• Like Like x 1
  12. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    At the end of the day the rules are simple When you go to someone's house you respect their rules. It's called being considerate, respectful and decent. Everyone can believe what they want to but don't expect others to jump on board. Face to face contact is very important in the country we live in. When I was on a holiday I went to this fancy restaurant in far east I was told to wear a saram (like a blanket ) you are supposed to wrap around your waist. I respect their rules (their country and their beliefs ). Who or what rights do I have to challenge it. Even though I felt uncomfortable I went along with it. Live and let live.

I live by British values But when ever I am in another country, I absolutely follow their rules

Nobody is racist here. Everyone is expressing their views. We are all human beings and we all just want to get along and be happy. What your religion is .... Don't inconvenience others

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Your first sentence is what I said. I don't entirely agree with the rest of your first paragraph because when I go abroad I try to speak the local language as much as I can, I respect local laws and customs and I try to interact with local people as much as possible. There are a lot of people like me although we may possibly be in the minority, I don't know. The stereotype Brit abroad is as you say.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    I guess this issue is we all have differing opinions in a country that lets it be so, I'm a live and let live kind of guy as my signature suggests, never understood the anger over something so simple as removing a helmet = removing a Burka, I've heard this argument so many times it would seem there's a women wearing a Burka in every garage where a biker is told to remove their helmet it must be an Urban Myth or an Old Wives Tale by now. I live in Bristol, a multi racial city and only ever seen one women wearing a Burka, sadly not in a garage as I could have joined the remove Burka/Helmet club, yes I looked a little longer than I should have but my curiosity was more of is that a super model or a Bella Emburg hiding under that cover :)

Sorry, I couldn't find page four.:( but hoping we are all still friends;)
    Best wishes and safe riding.
    Andy

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Also works in socio-economic debates when using the phrase ISNT THAT COMMUNISM .

• Like Like x 1
  16. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I have read a post in the last day or so where somebody wrote "go F**k yourself" or something similar but that is very unusual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Gosh that is one thing I have never seen on THIS forum, I remember even commenting in one of my first posts on how friendly the forum was and the lack of personal insults posted.

• Like Like x 1
  18. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    #61 of that thread was particularly antagonistic, personally it deserved a curt reply. Seems to have a spur up his ar$e about London/Londoners:p:p:p:p

Edit: Apologies if the above is not PC:worried::worried:;)

19. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    I really should know better than opening this thread back up, but I just couldn't resist after reading this article. It only deals with our choice of head gear and religion in humorous terms. Personally, being a Pastafarian is about as close as I come to an organized religion. It's because the Methodist church chose to actually kick me out at the ripe old age of 13. I asked to many questions that they couldn't answer. For your reading pleasure: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/offbeat/pastafarianism-is-not-a-religion-court-decides-1.3598756

20. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Really busy at work today :confused:
    But never forget my religion :p 2E8BFC80-9BE4-40E3-91B4-4FED438CB001.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
  21. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad: Sorry but you’re so wrong :mad:
    In the northern hemisphere the handle is worn to the RIGHT :p
    It’s the pastafarians in the Southern Hemisphere that wears the handle to the left :eek:
    Did you learn NOTHING at Sunday school :(

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1