Nodding.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dave C, Aug 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Old post but,Went for a ride to the Tan Hill Inn, in North Yorkshire yesterday, after we got home all my mates said the the same thing ,about 90 percent of the riders we past and nodded at, just ignored us, in County Durham and the North East everybody nods back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    I'd say in the South West it's probably roughly 70% nod 30% don't.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karenh

Karenh Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Nottinghamshire
    So been out for a ride on my 125 this afternoon on the outskirts of Matlock, didn’t want to go into Matlock as still got L plates on and don’t want to get laughed at :p but I noticed only 1 biker nodded to me (seen stacks) I assumed this was because I have the L’s on and I am beneath the ‘big’ bikes . Had a moan to my son when I got back who rides a moped with L plates and he says he gets nods all the time. What’s going on????? He wears a TT jacket. Could this be it??

• Like Like x 4
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I usually nod to other bikers including peeps with L plates. Normally it’s Hardly riders who don’t nod back so I’ve given up on them :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

In Surrey (the green bit) I get a huge rate of return on my investment in nods. Driving through London recently I got the impression that people thought I had a nervous tick or something. I was completely ignored. Maybe a good thing actually...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Sorry. I don’t nod to L plates, but don’t know why. Will now start doing so.

If I can’t promote the right behaviour to those wishing to join this fantastic fraternity (exception and omissions excepted - you know who you are) than that’s a bad show...

I’ll clean up my act and stop acting like a snob. Pretty hard for me as I am one...I talk posh and live in Surrey. Imagine a stereotype - that’s me. Only I don’t wear red trousers.

I’m still a total twat like the rest of you, but when I Insult people they feel slight better in themselves for the experience.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I'm one of those that add to the ignorant statistics. I have given up initiating the nod or wave due to the amount of non returns and the disproportionate anger I felt at being ignored :mad::mad: I want to enjoy my ride and feel happy :grinning::grinning:
    I will however always respond if the other rider nods or waves first ;);) I also don't mind if it comes from a big bike, little bike, scooter or L plated learner :cool::cool:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Karenh

Karenh Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Nottinghamshire
    I will be the first to nod from now on, see how many I get back ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nod away first, and report back with the responses, I'll be amazed if you don't get more return nods than ignores. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    #70 Pedro1340, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    I was caught out yesterday by some fud on a Harley would you believe,,,he pulled along side me doing about 60 on camera controlled road,,probably close to his top speed and he was hanging on for dear life,,gave him a friendly nod & wave& he stuck his nose in the air,,,hope he heard my laughing,,25 years I had my fxdc & I waved to everyone,,,changing I’m forum name now & Harley riders are off my nodding list lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    20190712_164538.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Have always nodded and even nod or smile in public :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Karenh

Karenh Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Nottinghamshire
    I wear full
    I wear RST textile clothing with full body protection and a shoei helmet so I don’t think I’m dressed like a nob :p

• Like Like x 5