Featured A "little" Detour--after A Bicycle Crash And Two Broken Bones

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Jan 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Lol, my missus tells people that the scars on my leg after my bike accident are a shark bite. :cool:
    I’ll not put a picture up, might make people a bit queasy o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    You may well have already seen it Sandi but I had a dvd for Christmas called "Speed is my need" it's a documentary about bike racers, I believe it is now on Netflix and well worth a watch, I understand your feelings for not wanting to give up cycling, how many of us on here have taken tumbles on motorcycles and still ride, as you say, if it's in the blood, take care and take it easy :heart:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    I missed anyone telling me they were to be removed after 2 years, though a few mates who had their pins removed have noticeable limps and I do not.
    My hip hurt for a long time, still does but for the first 10 years it was difficult to sleep lying on that side and sometimes it feels like it clicks out of place, but I could not say if having the metalwork makes it worse or better.
    Sometimes it seems to affect airport scanners, but not always.
    Had it so long now, who can say how it affects me

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Only just seen this Sandi. What a bummer. Heres to a speedy and full recovery, sure you will be a very good patient (not). :)
    Healing vibes in your direction. X

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    How is our little story writer today the. Steve / Annie I hope she is behaving herself.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Ouch! :(:(
    Sorry to hear of this Sandi - hope you make a full and speedy recovery.
    Will miss your excellent rideout stories and pictures.

Stay off the bloody bicycle in future - they are far too dangerous!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    No worries Sandi, just speaking from my own experience, rushed things & ended up snapping my plate & my leg, had to start from scratch 6 months after initial operation. Patience is not in my make up either, but lesson learned! I hope you continue to make good progress. I am off on holiday to the Canaries on Sunday so won’t be around for a while, catch up when I am back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the report, @JerryBB. It's probably an individual thing – both personal and metal parts. I appreciate your descriptive response!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Hi Sandi,
    Sorry to hear of your mishap and hope you mend quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Feck, @Bad Billy! :eek::scream: Your experience sounds horrible and is a great reminder to me to be patient. When I start to feel impatient I will think of you snapping your plate and your leg and starting from scratch.:worried: That should most certainly call me right down. ;)

Have a terrific time in the Canaries! :) Enjoy yourself and please share a few photos with us when you return. :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @steve lovatt! I appreciate your wishes for a full and speedy recovery. I have to say I love that my Triumph motorcycle's name and many of the wishes I've received are both Speedy! :grinning: Coincidence? I think not.

If all goes as planned it shouldn't be too long before I'm back in the saddle and sharing rideout stories and photos.:heart_eyes: In fact, I'm very optimistic. Yesterday my girlfriend, Dena, and I spent a chunk of the morning making hotel reservations for our June motorcycle trip through northern Arizona, northern New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah. Closer to home we have plans to go up for a two nighter to Cave Creek Bike Week in early April. If I'm not yet able to ride to that one, Mr. Sandi suggested we drive up so we can still attend the rally. So I am highly motivated motivated to heal and rehab! :):cool:

• Like Like x 6
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Tom Gillam! :kissing:

• Like Like x 1
  13. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hi Sandi,
    I hope you are feeling a lot better today.

Lovely-get-well-soon-GIF.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you so much for your well wishes, @Bikerman! And no need to apologize. I am OK, well sort of, and know that I could be much worse off.:sweat: And I am feeling better each day.:) I have a follow up appointment with my orthopedic surgeon today and will definitely do as he tells me. He has resigned himself to the fact that I love motorcycles and will always ride them. But it was the "evil bicycle" that did me in. He rides those himself! :joy: Actually it was my own lack of concentration and not my poor bicycle that did me in. Let's put blame where blame is due. ;) We already have a big motorcycle trip in the works for this coming June so I am highly motivated to be back on my motorcycles. Thanks again for your concern!

• Like Like x 1
  15. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Me too. Flying to Gran Canaria tomorrow morning.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm doing a little better every day, @joe mc donald, thanks! I'm doing my best to behave myself. :joy::joy::joy: Since I can't walk anywhere I can't get into too much trouble! But I do feel like I AM trouble. Mr. Sandi please get me this, Mr. Sandi please get me that... Sheesh! :rolleyes: Thanks for checking in each day, Joe! :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @BonnieCat
    That's great, Nicki! Have a grand time and please share stories and photos upon your return. :)
    :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #98 Sandi T, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    @David Cooper
    Thanks, David! What a lovely, happy, sparkly Get Well graphic. This brought a big smile to my face this morning! :)
    :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 2
  19. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Will do Sandi. And make sure you keep Mr Sandi busy looking after your every need whilst you recover.

• Like Like x 3
  20. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Just seen this, sorry to hear about your off. Hope your going to sell that death trap, should be banned:p

I can really recommend the fentanyl :blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1