Featured A "little" Detour--after A Bicycle Crash And Two Broken Bones

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Jan 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    What a find I love it.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T Steve & Annie.
    Been following your progress and proud of you. You are a real soldier. So hear you are and still with you on your trip. Soldier-greetings-card.jpg 33c7b26fd25fd87d3bcdf6e07637d124.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I still can't ride my motorcycles (and wouldn't be much anyway due to COVID-19 restrictions). But....I FINALLY drove my Mustang Bullitt! Mr. Sandi and I drove two miles to a local shopping mall that is essentially shut down. The parking lots all around the mall perimeter were nearly completely empty. Weirdly enough, there was one policeman in his parked car under a tree.

Wheeeee! I guess I'll get it out here and there if I have to drive for an essential service. Which I haven't yet had the need to do since our shelter in place "recommendations" came down from the Arizona governor several weeks ago.

IMG_8167.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, I'm even more appreciative of "small" things like this now more than ever, @Privateer! :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I got out in the Mustang again yesterday, this time by myself sans Mr. Sandi, to make a run to Ace Hardware for some essentials like latex gloves, shop-weight paper towels, and any cleaning supplies they managed to have in stock (nix on that last one no surprise). Anyway, it felt great to drive the car and I did take just a little bit of a long way 'round. Our local Ace is only about a mile away and I took a route that was more like 5-6 miles and included a nice twisty road and another where I could actually get out of 3rd gear. I'd have loved to driven further but we're trying to abide by the "essential" guidelines. It was far enough to put a big smile on my face, though! Note the nearly empty parking lot. This is all just so feckin' weird..........

IMG_8212.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  6. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    That's a good looking car Sandi ... enjoy!:) i like a bit of American muscle oh err misseso_O...perhaps i should rephrase that.... i like American muscle cars.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    #287 Kenbro, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    No no no, your not quite there yet.
    Peterbilt is a Truck!
    And don’t blame predictive text for your Spelling ....PERTERBILT. ;) Or is that Perterbuilt?
    Ken.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    Nothing wrong with taking the long way round when you have a black mustang to go with you. Just love your smile in the earlier picture. Our beloved Queen is on the mend.
    Brotherly Love & Hugs To Both You And Steve.

• Like Like x 4
  9. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland

Other stuff comes easy to ya.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Lotsa things they can’t spell right in America......but, it might be easier for our kids to learn spelling if we spelled words more like they sound, huh? ;)
    Come to think of it our latest generation of breadsnappers are making their own words and spellings up. Thanks to modern communications.
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #291 Sandi T, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Just an update for those of you who were following this thread....

I am back (or rather continue to be) on the apple fritters. They have certainly become my "comfort food". Now I'm on them pretty much daily again thanks to COVID, home flooding and breakage, the mountains being on fire, and a job loss (then new one, thankfully). And my elbow still doesn't bend quite enough to put on a helmet and ride.

So I pretty much start each day with a "comfort fritter" with the occasional bowl of bran cereal with blueberries thrown in. For obvious reasons. But I know I can do better than "most days" and could be motivated to eat a fritter every day with the right incentive. So I'm thinking of checking out the Guiness Book of World Records to see if there's currently a world record for consecutive days of fritter consumption. If so I'll try to beat it. If not I can set the first world record in that category. :) Would anyone care to sponsor my world record attempt? ;)

These are from Dunkin' Donuts, a national chain. Amy's Donuts' fritters have them beat but I don't think Amy's has reopened yet after closing during our lock-down.

IMG_8833.jpeg

IMG_8834.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Soul food @Sandi T. you enjoy them, Dunkin Donuts I have put to many of them away myself :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The front page of our newspaper today. :worried::eek: And this is why I'm back on the apple fritters. : unamused: We can see this fire from our back yard. And it's approaching Mt. Lemmon where I was with my Mustang just a few weeks ago. :sob:

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 3.09.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 3.10.00 PM.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    Our forum Queen now you are talking my foods love it. But what is in the cup i sincerely hope that is not tea. You got me hungry now. Terrible old fire going on there. Just glad you and the mustang are still safe from it.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Sandi T;
    I think I’d be as concerned about the Covid figures just as much as Lucifer’s doings.
    And, just when did YOU start to need an excuse to eat Apple Fritters? ;).
    Ken.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Joe. Yes, we're safe from the fire even though it's only about 5 -- 10 miles from us as the crow flies. We do have some friends who have been at the ready to evacuate their homes in the mountain foothills, though.

Well, what's in the cup is called "tea" but I'm sure you would consider it tea sacrilege. :p It's green tea. I'm trying to drink a cup of it each day for health purposes (more like hopes) to balance out the fritters! :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :joy::joy::joy: You're right about the excuse to eat apple fritters, Ken. I've loved them my whole life. But it's sort of funny that I can truly say that even if you add up all the apple fritters I've eaten in my entire life, that number wouldn't come close to the number of fritters I've eaten since January!

Yes, I actually am just as concerned about the Covid number as the fire. The fires in Arizona, unfortunately, are a regular and expected occurrence. But the last major fire in our Catalina Mountains was back in 2003 and you can still see remnants of the devastation up on Mt. Lemmon where we ride our motorcycles regularly. The damage wrought by the Big Horn Fire this summer will scar the mountain for the remainder of my riding days--the remainder of my lifetime.

There is presently another even bigger fire burning northeast of Phoenix. It's burning an area that is another place that we love to ride--the "Beeline Highway" which goes from Phoenix up to the Mogollon Rim and a town called Payson. Seems like all we are waiting for is a locust plague. :(

https://ktar.com/story/3310018/bush-fire-northeast-of-phoenix-area-nears-185000-acres-42-contained/

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 7.05.29 AM.png

18. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Blimey @Sandi T. that fire is damaging some great venues, Like the old Sikorsky Skycrane fire chopper havent seen one of them in years

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This past Saturday marked exactly 6 months to the day since my bicycle crash. So it has officially been 6 months and 4 days since I last rode one of my motorcycles. :( And it was my Speed Triple, by the way. ;)

I am so incredibly eager to able to ride again that I can hardly stand it. And yesterday I had a breakthrough. I was able to get a helmet on--and off-- by myself! I've been holding that up as a goal and a concrete thing that would signify my ability--or my approaching ability--to ride again. I do have to say that getting the helmet on is a whole lot easier than getting it off or fastening the chip strap. I may need to request a bit of spousal support. :joy: And I did don my helmets after doing an hour's worth of PT so my elbow was at its most flexible.:rolleyes:

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

IMG_9113.jpeg

IMG_9123.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1