A CBT and a scooter is all I need ...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Thruccy Sean, Mar 14, 2017.

1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You wait!! Once you buy one you'll be atinkering!! Different pipes are a must!!

2. Thruccy Sean

Thruccy Sean Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Hmm, I'd read a couple of reviews about the pipes on the Thruxton being kind of quiet? I've tried listening to youtube vids and it still sounds decent to me but obviously not a true reflection.

Having said that I fitted a megaphone exhaust to my Van Van and have become quite fond of it so anything quieter from a much bigger bike and I'll be disappointed ...

But you're right, I'm a sucker for a mod or 2 and won't be able to help myself.

3. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Welcome buddy :)

And all the best with the MOD2 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
  5. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    E
    Every time I change something I say to my wife that that is it...I'm done...nothing more needs changing and she laughs at me and within a month I'm planning my next mod!

I agree the truxton is a good looking bike! When I was looking it was a toss up between a Scrambler and thruxton but a Scrambler came up first!

6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome to the forum...
    Wessa

7. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Cheers Wessa :)

8. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Ha! I'm the same tbh. Just when I'm happy with something I've done I see something that someone else has done and think I just try that on mine! But hey it's all part of the fun.

I've gone from the bonneville, to the scrambler and now the thruxton being my favourite. I'm still drawn to the scrambler but the HUGE double exhaust has put me off a bit. I like the arrow exhaust conversion and some other other market ones. I just feel like I would end up doing more to the scrambler than I would the thruxton.

9. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I'm looking at getting the TEC Desert exhaust just saving my pennies at the moment!

I was the same when looking, just couldn't decide! Eventually went to destination triumph and they had the Scrambler in and it ticked all my boxes so just went for it!

I bet you'll love which ever you end up getting and you'll def end up modding any of the three! As you say it's all part of the fun!

10. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Welcome Sean!

I had a Thrux 900 SE with the Arrow-exhaust. (there is a pic in my gallery)
    It is a very good bike and you will surely enjoy it.
    I owned it for about 5 years and never had a single problem with it.
    So good luck hunting down your dream machine :)

Daniel

11. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Thanks dozers dad/Daniel.

That's a nkce looking bike Daniel :)

12. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Yes it is. It was a special edition and came came in this great colour-scheme with the red frame.

...and I have been thinking a while, if I should tell you, since this might not pose a problem to you at all,
    but I mainly sold it because of the riding position: on long hauls, my neck got stiff and sometimes a headache resulted.
    Since you are also interested in the Scrambler, I decided to let you know.
    But as you can see: stupid me bought another Thrux just last year... It totally stunned all my braincells
    that usually work for the good-judgement-department (only about 4 cells that I know of).

Right now, I am with a Bonnie and it is absolutely gorgeous to ride and no riding position issues whatsoever!

Just a little side-thought from a guy getting older and the little itches and twiches setting in.
    Hope, you decide for the Thrux anyway. Great bike!

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    IMG_1883.JPG Jeez! Listen to winglad at the age of 51 complaining of old age aches and pains! I took Doris up to the Peak District for the gmu last year, over 160 miles, heavy open face helmet and rucksack on my back and had no aches and pains and at the Spritely age of 59! Mind you that was a roads had it been motorways it might have been different!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Is that all you pansies had to travel last year:p!! i think i was double that.mind you this year you will have a bit further to travel;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Pfft listen to you two :D try riding a 125cc Van Van on a motorway :eek: that's an experience!

I mainly ride for a couple hours a day a few times a week and the rest will be just for fun. So I rarely do any long-haul stuff.

But I absolutely hear what you're saying Winglad about the riding position. And as I'm not totally decided I still think I might just book some test rides on Those 3 machines before I take the plunge. There's not much about (for me and my price range) in the way of thruxtons at the minute so I'm still not totally decided (I think ...) it's mainly 'a look' thing that I've fallen for with the thruxton, but then I also fell for the bonneville and the scrambler first!

But I've ridden none of them. I might dislike them all for all I know :(

• Like Like x 2
  16. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    To be honest: I have not the slightest idea, what a Van Van is... Obviously nothing to load potato crates in :D
    Maybe you have a pic?
    (And why don't you ask Littleade? He's got s.th. to say about certain German bikes, I am sure ;)o_O - I am being slightly blasphemous now :p )

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    There's a 2012 Thruxton just 8 miles away from me. Gone up on auto trader. Less than 10k on the clock. Up for just under 5 grand and offers welcome. I'd be there if it wasn't red. Cheapest one I've seen so far. Does look nice though.

I'm already thinking about re-sprays :confused:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703163335694

18. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Ha! No not for potato crates though I've seen people load them all with all sorts! Here's mine. Suzuki RV125 'Van Van'.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Thanks! Looks good! Did not see those over here. In the 80s, they had something similar with balloon tires, right?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    IMG_2133.JPG
    RV 125

• Like Like x 1