765 2020 Street Triple R Missing Modes

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by musicguyUSA, May 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. musicguyUSA

musicguyUSA New Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Dallas, TX USA
    @ streeter90, I agree with you in that the lack of the advertised modes is unacceptable. The discrepancies between the website and online videos versus the owner's guide is ridiculous. And I'm not buying the "...this is a misprint" story from Triumph. Misprints do not contain illustrations showing how to navigate the menu system.

What is even more unacceptable, to me anyway, is how this happened in the first place. Did Triumph not QA the software, or the bike, before it was released? Did anyone at Triumph ride the bike before production? How does Triumph make a YouTube video where the host clearly cycles through the various modes on the bike when the production models do not have these same features? So many points of failure with this. Either it is just sloppiness (which doesn't install a lot of confidence in the brand as this is my first Triumph as well) or it is just out right fraud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    If this was me, I'd start thinking about getting a solicitors letter drafted up and giving them a week to resolve it or it's going to court as a "not as described" matter.
    If it's the same as the uk, the solicitors cost will be given to which side loses.
    That way, he's covered himself and they cannot say "we were unaware of his issues" and they have to actually do something, instead of fobbing him off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. streeter90

streeter90 New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Norfolk, VA
    It looks like the 2019 had the rider mode, and the 2020 doesn't. Very hard to follow, and a lot of sources disagree with each other on this. But I talked to a guy at my dealership who owns a 2019 R, and he confirmed that he has the user mode, so I guess it was added?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RedR

RedR New Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Italy
    I'm very angry. I just bought my first triumph, the exact same model as you. I'm speaking from Italy, and I've already asked the dealer to check the missing map. Tomorrow I will call Triumph to tell them that it is unacceptable that they have advertised the bike with the sport map and in mine is missing. They have to give it to me, sometimes I would like the bike to be even meaner and even more grumpy. I have to make do with the road since I will use the rain bike very little at least for the moment. I never change the map, I have only one. It is unacceptable. I want to decide to have the bike with another character at certain times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Englishbikerdan, 44teeth, lamb chops rides, all mentioned the modes on youtube, rain, road, sport and rider..... Don't be fobbed off at the dealer, demand them on your bike or get your money back as it's not as advertised.

On the r model you get modes rain, road and sport, as said in the official triumph youtube post.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. RedR

RedR New Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Italy
    I called triumph italia, they say an update sw will be available soon to solve this problem. Hopefully! Thank you guys and have a good trip with your bikes!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. streeter90

streeter90 New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Norfolk, VA
    #27 streeter90, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    I think they were all on a 2019 model (the ones I've watched all had the TFT display). But yeah, triumph explicitly states that sport mode comes with the 2020, and I'd imagine many of us wouldn't have purchased the bike without it.

My dealer told me that his triumph rep said they're aware of the issue, and it's an issue on every 2020 Street Triple R that Triumph's put out. They said they're working on the software update, and it should be distributed to the dealerships in time for my 500mi service. Sounds like Triumph isn't trying to sweep it under the rug (I'm sure they're smart enough to realize there's no way they can).

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith New Member

Jun 25, 2020
    USA
    Just picked a 2020 Street Triple R with the same issues. Have my 600 mile service next Tuesday and will be inquiring about this also.

Curious to see how this turns out for everyone. Seems like they will address it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ray675r

Ray675r New Member

May 13, 2017
    Preston
    Hi just bought the new street triple 765r from blades at Cheltenham got it home nr preston Lancashire. To fined out that the bike as no race monde & no self indicators on the bike to witch it should have on according to triumphs website in the UK so get on to blade triumph & they say no it does not come on the r to witch I tell them thats not what it says on there website. O .OK you are right yes its there so we will sort it out that was say over 3 weeks ago not heard a thing since any one else with the same problem or a fix Ray

10. Danny Albertina

Danny Albertina New Member

Jun 2, 2020
    Liverpool U.K.

11. Danny Albertina

Danny Albertina New Member

Jun 2, 2020
    Liverpool U.K.
    Hi Ray,

I have had mine a month now same issues. You are not alone every Street Triple R they have released so far has these issues. The answer from Triumph is that they will definately fix the missing sport mode issue via an update but they have been quite candid in that they tell me they have no definate fix date yet. There are no self cancelling indicators intended for this model (yes i know about the owners manual says it is there). To be honest I kicked up a bit of a stink and although my bike is not yet fixed i negotiated via my dealer a satisfactory "Goodwill Gesture" that will keep me happy waiting for it to come. I suggest anyone onhere with the same issues does the same ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    I too have the new 2020R in the UK and it only has rain and road modes. It was mentioned that there may be an update at service.

13. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Happy to say that my bike has now been updated and I have 4 modes now :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
  14. RedR

RedR New Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Italy
    Wow! They even put the rider mode on then!!! Do you want to tell me about the sports map? How does the bike feel with this map?

15. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Only have 300 miles on it at the moment, so will try this out after first service. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    For what it's worth, the below thread was my thoughts on the original 2017 Street RS, I make reference to the modes, but as I remember I had it in Sport/track mode most of the time, occasionally rider mode (this meant everything off except ABS which was set to track mode) this was the only mode the bike would wheelie in.

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/765-rs-a-year-on-my-humble-view.14787/#post-200514

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. RedR

RedR New Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Italy
    Good advice, I'll keep that in mind for when I feel like lifting the front wheel up a bit. Thank you!

18. streeter90

streeter90 New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Norfolk, VA
    Just got the update done at my dealership and I now have Sport AND Rider modes! Wasn't expecting to get rider mode!
    Since I bought the bike, I felt it was a bit sluggish, like it was holding back. Sport mode has completely transformed this motorcycle. I finally see what everyone has been talking about. The throttle response is so much more aggressive. I also feel like the quickshifter might be faster now, too. Holy hell. This is finally the bike that I thought I was buying! I finally understand all of the hype. So in love with this bike.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Say goodbye to the funky sound effects as you accelerate briskly away from a stoplight as the nanny stuff kicks on and off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. streeter90

streeter90 New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Norfolk, VA
    Hallelujah to that!!

• Like Like x 1