Featured 2018 Speed Triple Rs – Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by MrTriple, Mar 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Put the 1 tooth bigger sprocket on and also an exhaust sensor eliminator. I discovered the rider mode can turn off tc (and everything else) so I’ve been enjoying the little wheelie or two!

F0FF20B6-E8E9-4D40-872F-4B2186BCEE9A.jpeg

7556D813-739A-42B3-9218-8FF9B90DE055.jpeg

52C2CB7E-E0D1-4892-BF20-C5811BC66845.jpeg

2. Damien Matthews

Damien Matthews New Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Cardiff
    Can’t wait to get it fitted now, away with work so won’t be for a while, looks such a clean bit of kit though

5C0D9A4D-7B74-49D3-B5AB-DEABC09E25C3.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. com5984

com5984 New Member

Mar 26, 2022
    Sydney
    Did you ever put the exhaust on?

4. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    I've sold my Speed Triple 1050RS & have the following items for sale. Items are in excellent & unmarked.
    • EvoTech Rear Spindle Bobbin £30
    • EvoTech Frame Crash Bobbins £45
    • R&G Left & Right Engine Case sliders £45
    • R&G Bar End Sliders £8
    • Carbon Heels Guards £ 30
    • Optimate 4 £30
    UK only please

PXL_20220702_172652795.MP.jpg

PXL_20220702_172523202.MP.jpg

5. Bassy

Bassy Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Bedfordshire
    Hi can ibuy the R&G case sliders please

6. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    Optimate & R&G Engine case sliders sold

7. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Had a nightmare yesterday with the bike....
    Synopsis is: went to fill up with fuel, came out of the garage, stalled 2 times and the bike was clearly running on two cylinders . Fine for the last 3.5 years.
    Thought it may clear but definitely not so decided to not do the ride out and return home.
    No errors on the display btw.
    Got hose out, cooled down the exhausts and then fired it up. Cylinder 3 clearly colder so a starting point. It would "surge" though and sound like it was ok for a split second.
    Unplugged the injector lead for that cylinder (easily accessible ) and error on the display, but still the same sound. So, injector working as it knew it was wrong/disconnected...
    Tilted up the tank, removed the battery and removed the air-box and it's various sensors etc so I could get to the plugs and coil (2 hrs as never done before)
    Removed plug and coil from 3 and pretty bad rust and not a great colour on the coil contact tbh. Measured continuity on all 3 coils and seemed the same but all 3 plugs seemed to be quite corroded at the top imho.
    Cleaned up all spark plugs, cleaned up the coil plugs bit and put back together (gap seemed fine but I've ordered 3 new plugs, £10 each on amazon) and tested, Fired up fine and has been brilliant on the ride out today.
    Basically, I don’t think that the coils were fully seated into/onto the sparkplugs from the factory and water had gotten in and they definitely seated better with a decent push. I'll replace the plugs with new on Saturday as it's only a 3 hr job all in. (as I now know..)
    Stupidly (?) i switched on the bike with all sensors and injectors unplugged and errors were bizarre to say the least (IMU failure, cruise failure, tsa failure, injector failure and more before I'd disassembled the bike fully.
    Seriously , get TUNEECU as i'd get rid of the whole lot as it wouldn’t then start until I could clear them. Worth every penny tbh.
    Bike is immaculate and rarely ridden/gotten wet so this wasn’t an expected issue tbh.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yikes, @Ducatitotriumph! What a bummer but glad to read it seems you've got it sorted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Good job you know what you are doing … I’d have called the recovery agent, got it to a dealer and then gone down the pub to sulk ..!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    It genuinely got worrying when imu failure (and lots of others) came up as bike would turn over but no start.
    TUNEECU really really saved me from doing exactly as you said and tbh, I was close to that point if it hadn't worked.
    But, its actually not too bad to get to the top of the engine. Easier than the busa was.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    It won't take you 3 hours on Saturday, now you know what you're doing. I can change the plugs in 45 minutes fine.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    Items left now on ebay

13. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Sorry to raise an old thread but to any of those still here who have fitted alternative silencers, Did they mess up the fuelling?
    I am looking at fitting the SC projects tail pipe on y 2018 ST RS but don’t want to spend £500 and mess it up. I would run the pipe with the dB killer in it.