Featured 2018 Speed Triple Rs – Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by MrTriple, Mar 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    I’ll get something sorted tomorrow..
    Took me a while to decide on what can/cans to go for..it was hard work,couldn’t make up my mind..delighted with the outcome though

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I have the S22 at the top of my list as a future tyre (we're talking tyres...right?). Annoyingly, I had to replace the rear supercorsa last year after a puncture (earlier in this thread), and it's hardly had any wear at all since then.

Now we're restricted to another three weeks of staring, polishing and doing more staring - at least these bikes look great stood still ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    Yeah tyres...that was another hard decision..haha..always stuck to Pirelli in the past.got a cracking deal on the s22 so went for it.
    It’s so frustrating with all this good weather..but needs must..makes u appreciate it even more I suppose.they certainly are cracking looking bikes..

4. Burny_13

Burny_13 Active Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Reading
    I flattened off a front and fully wore out a rear when I had S21's and S22's on my MT-10. Took about 1,500 miles each. Probably the worst tyre i have ever owned.

5. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Jesus Mr T you missed like 6 upgrades :laughing:

6. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Really? Supposed to be a great tire. I almost bought a set of S22 but took a chance on Avon 3D Ultra Sports. So far couldn’t be more pleased. There are a lot of variables mind you when it comes to tire wear. My supercorsa’s were still in decent condition after 6000 km’s, that’s crazy right? Roads here are pretty smooth with very few potholes.

7. Barryscott

Barryscott Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Tupelo, Ms, USA
    Looks great, Been thinking of this exhaust. Did you remap?

8. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    i don’t think it will need it mate...pretty much a straight swap

9. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    No Steve, I missed one upgrade. Two if you count each frame slider. Although we don't know if Heyho has fitted a slider on the other side...he might live in an area with predominantly right-hand bends.

:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Some think they're the best ever; some think they're the worst. It's so hard to choose a tyre without personal experience of them. My son has an S22 on the front, and a soon to be replaced S20 (?) on the rear of his MT-10...and they've worked out fine (for him). The rear has flattened a little, but he mixes a little commuting with his countryside runs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I know, I was just trying to be funny :blush:. But I have heard Heyho only makes right hand turns if he not going straight. Ok, I’ll stop with the funnies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    Haha...iv got a habit in going round in circles

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I must say I’m really liking those SC Project mufflers:heart_eyes:. How would you characterize the sound?

14. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    Don’t know if this will work but done a wee video,the baffles are still in..

Attached Files:

15. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    You're just teasing us now :laughing:

Those are two copies of the same text file...you can't upload movie or sound files (e.g. mp4, mov, mp3, wav) directly to the forum - you need to host them somewhere else like YouTube or on a cloud service like Dropbox. Then you can paste a link to that location.

This will either make sense to you - or it will put further strain on your right slider ;)

16. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    Think I know..how do I share the link onto the forum if I do a you tube video..
    When it says upload file I can’t seem to see anyway of doing it..I did try it through drop box aswell..doing it of a I phone..never been the best with this stuff..

17. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #877 MrTriple, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    If you host your movie/sound clip somewhere else, then it's just a case of copying the link and then pasting it directly into this text box. For example, I have an mp3 sound clip of my RS on the dyno when it was being mapped - copy the link, paste it below...and hopefully it will work o_O

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz9r91hq82o4k1t/ST3_Dyno.mp3?dl=0

If you think the exhaust note sounds strange, it's because it's all in gear 6.

Edit: You can make links look nicer by using the 'Link' button on the toolbar to assign your link to a pre-selected word or phrase like this – click here to listen.

• Useful Useful x 2
  18. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    It works:laughing:
    The baffles are still in...hope it gives u an idea but u don’t get the proper notes until your riding it...
    I’ll pull the baffles out tomorrow...
    Your Austin sounds amazing...I was Temped with it but stuck to the underseat..

• Like Like x 2
  20. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    You got there in the end :grinning:

They really do sound good - there's a deeper, rumbling, 'sonorous' note with your underseat cans that I've lost with my stubby can (my sound clip is also with baffles in).

Looking forward to Part 2 - Baffles Out!

• Like Like x 1