Featured 2018 Speed Triple Rs – Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by MrTriple, Mar 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Shat my pants tonight when this popped up on a email....... thank god its good MrTriple :cold_sweat::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Had the modified qs part fitted just before coming out to Cartagena.
    No problems with it for the whole three days of bring thrashed around the track :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I'd guess that it was already too late for your original gearbox - assuming you ground the arm down after the first sign of false neutral trouble. It makes sense that once damage has been done, there's no going back.

New gearbox with new arm from outset...that is indeed troubling. Unless maybe something was fitted incorrectly. I have no answers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Yes, troubling indeed.

5. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    But you're all good now (without the QS)...right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Yes, that it correct. It’s a brilliant bike and I love it. It’s just too bad I can’t have the blipper/shifter as advertised. The other thing that annoys me is I’ve payed for something that doesn’t work.:mad:.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Great that the quality of the rest of the bike is strong enough to keep you from giving up. I've got used to ignoring the QS and there's pleasure in a perfect manual blip and downshift. Glad you're in a good place (more or less :)).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Yup, love the manual blip when done just right. And yes, I’m in the “more” not less place :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Damo

Damo New Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Newbury
    Just a thought,had a couple of problems with the qs.took it back to the dealer and straight away,the gear lever was too high.lowered it and fuck me,what a difference.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Was it hitting false neutrals then slamming into the next gear? I sure hope not.

11. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    Can some one provide a description of the QS issue?
    I've not had a false neutral in 4 th gear but have had what feels like the ignition cutting in and out twice when changing up and the gearbox really crashing the down change on the down shift, mostly at sub 3k revs - to the point where I don't use the QS below about 3.5k
    Up till now I've assumed it was my occasional poor technique, but now I'm not so sure......
    T

12. spony

spony Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2019
    scotland
    beautiful sir :heart_eyes:

13. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    We all effectively have the same bike in this section of the forum - yet we're always drawn to admire each others...you can just feel the love! :D

I had to check yours out Spony - you have the latest version...beautiful too :heart_eyes::blush::p

20191025_121324.jpg

Interesting comparison to when mine was new:

2018-03-31 15.56.34.jpg

I've got a red clutch cable guide - see the photo below, but I changed it for a grey one. It would look great on your bike, with your extra red bits. PM me your address if it floats your boat.

2018-04-02 13.44.18.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. spony

spony Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2019
    scotland
    Thanks .
    Hopefully start with the basic mods this weekend :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    Just a heads up that pipewerx are going to be bringing out a low boy for the RS..got a email today..be on the website soon.good cans and great service from Jeff..

• Like Like x 3
  16. spony

spony Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2019
    scotland
    Cool. ill keep an eye out for it :eyes:

17. John Ryan

John Ryan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Scotland
    Picked up my 2018 two weeks ago. Stuck a pair of PR5’s on it, got it it’s (overdue) first annual £228 ouch Stick a couple of bar mitt protectors, for over winter, stuck carbon heel plates on. Still to fit carbon hugger, evotech radiator guard is on, tail tidy is in the garage but might wait till spring as standard job is keeping the muck off.

642083E2-D3FF-4B99-8D8F-C04DA681DAC2.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Damo

Damo New Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Newbury
    No mate just a crunching noise.because the gear lever was too high I wasn't pushing up enough because of the angle.been lowered now and it's perfect.no problems at all.its fooking awesome

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Another great looking bike...love the photo - but I'd have gone with a Scorpion Rally for terrain like that :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. spony

spony Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2019
    scotland
    #820 spony, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    1st mods done evotec rad and oil cooler guards on ,new flashers ,tail tidy fitted,rear peg hangers removed:grinning: new seat

• Like Like x 3