Featured 2018 Speed Triple Rs – Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by MrTriple, Mar 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter

Thanks for that looks good.
    Sorry to hear about your Supercorsa. 3 times! Mine was fine for 3500 miles until worn out. Left Supercorsa on the front and fitted a Diablo 3 on the back.

2. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    When that rear tyre is shot I will replace with more sports/ tourer tyre both ends.

3. Damo

Damo New Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Newbury
    Hi there.just bought an evotech cap the same and cannot find any figment info anywhere.just wondering which hole the yellow pipe goes.cheers mate.

4. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Hiya buddy, its upto you really, i put that in the hole closest to the handle bars.
    Hope that helps.

5. Damo

Damo New Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Newbury
    That's cool,just had a thought it was important.does it go all the way into the tank?thanks for u help mate.

6. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Yeah from memory it does buddy, just make sure you tighten the fake bolts up tight. Hahaha

7. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Yeah from memory it does buddy, just make sure you tighten the fake bolts up tight. Hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    That’s shi|¥ for sure. What speed were you travelling at when it blew, and did you loose any control of your bike?

9. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    It's certainly expensive shi|¥ :eek:

I replaced the tyre with another Supercorsa - but an SP V3 instead of the V2 that was on the bike. They've squeezed in extra 'lightning grooves' into the tread pattern and used a harder compound central stripe for better wear (apparently). You certainly feel the difference in its willingness to lean with fresh 'taller' rubber.

Anyway, to answer your question; about 30 mph in traffic. There was a loud pop and a crunch as whatever had dug into the tyre, jammed and cut into the hugger. There was zero impact on handling and I didn't know it was flat until I got off the bike to have a look.

10. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Good thing you weren’t going fast, that might have had a different outcome. Glad you’re ok. As far as the new rubber, I don’t think the supercorsa’s are very tall. My brother has Conti Sport Attack 3’s and they are much taller than the supercorsa’s. Next tire I want a tall profile to help with quicker turn in. I noticed they are a little slower with 4000 km’s on them. They haven’t squared off yet and looks like a couple thousand more km’s is possible. Maybe the Battlax S22, some very favourable reviews there.

11. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I didn't say I thought they were exceptionally tall (although I do consider them to be a taller-than-your-average tyre)...just that I could feel the difference with fresh 'taller' rubber compared to my partly worn original tyre (OK which is actually dead flat :yum).

Or is this about who has the tallest brother? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Lol, I know you didn’t, just thought I would give my opinion. I do like the feel of taller tires though, and it might be just what the doctor ordered ;).

• Like Like x 1