Featured 2018 Speed Triple Rs – Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by MrTriple, Mar 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You must have a big letterbox :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Mark34

Mark34 Member

Aug 24, 2018
    London
    As the weather did what weather does today; I took the opportunity to fit my SC exhaust this afternoon. Took no time at all to remove the twin pipes and install the SC. The Triumph really is a lovely bike to work on and the SC pipe nicely put together - anyhow - pic of mine attached.

A question, I now feel I should replace the hugger for a carbon one and also the heel guards, what are views on the best match to the OEM carbon from 3rd party suppliers?

IMG_3367.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #723 MrTriple, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Looking great - and in your house too :yum

I'd use either Conquest Carbon or CarbonFBR for the hugger - you need plain finish (not twill) and if you scroll through these pics from the dim and distant past at the beginning of this thread, you'll see my hugger (from Conquest) and tail surround (from Carbon FBR). Both are an excellent match.

The tank sides (and obviously the side cowls) are Triumph parts.

4. Biffig

Biffig New Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Norway
    #724 Biffig, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    I found some available time today and got the muffler installed on the bike.
    The new acoustic is definitely more to my taste. I really liked the conical titanium muffler, but I found it a tad to loud. This is now fixed with the SC1-R. I am really impressed with the build quality and finish of SC products. The welds and carbon surfaces are absolute top notch.
    The SC1-R was also delivered with two different DB-killers; one small and one big, hence three different sound modes can be utilized.
    Since it has been rain all day I have unfortunately not done a test ride yet.

And now the most important part, pictures and videos:

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

Video of the bike with S1 muffler (w. BD-killer):

Video of the bike with SC1-R muffler (w. large DB-killer):

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Mark34

Mark34 Member

Aug 24, 2018
    London
    Excellent, thanks Mr T :)

6. OhCrumOn

OhCrumOn Well-Known Member

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    Looks great, I'm surprised they didn't throw the SC Project logo on the side. Sounds great but I'll definitely not be utilizing either of those baffles haha.

7. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    According to SC web site it comes with "adhesive" which I assume is a translation of sticker . Maybe its in the packaging or they forgot to send it https://shop.sc-project.com/en-US/3577_T22-90C-SC1-R-Muffler.htm

• Like Like x 1
  8. Biffig

Biffig New Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Norway
    Thank You! It was three stickers with SC logo in the package, but I prefer the clean look without.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Ah yes fair enough, sounded like you were missing the stickers .. Looks good !

10. OhCrumOn

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    Just received notice, should have mine by Thursday. Weather permitting I'll have it installed Friday afternoon!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Swedish

Swedish Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Sweden

I installed mine a week ago! :)
    2 small stickers and 1 large sticker was included
    I have the small DB-killer inside, which is easily removable which the already installed large killer wasn't.. I had to use brute force to get it out.
    Sounds absolutely beautiful. I am not using earplugs and it works fine.

More vids coming with better mic

• Like Like x 3
  12. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Any news on yours ?

13. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    What is like on the road? Any difference to bottom end or mid-range ?
    You getting it dyno'd ;)

14. Swedish

Swedish Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Sweden
    I just finished the "running in period" when I installed this so I hadn't really "tested" the bike, for real..
    But it feels amazing. Due to the added noise sometimes when I give it like 50-65% power it feels stronger from 2.000 - 6.000 rpm and weaker from 6.000 to 9.000 rpm and then stronger again.. But as I said it might just be the added noise and you miss the noisy push the arrows produce at 5-6.000 rpm

Did a few 0-200 runs and it just runs and sounds amazing. The traction light starts blinking much more now so I guess it should have some more power..

Dyno: I have never done before on any bike.. Maybe I will ;)
    Should I get the Powercommander at the same time?

15. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    There has been much discussion on here about Hilltop ECU mods and not much on Power Commanders. I would get it tested first and see if you have a good power curve and air to fuel ratio. The dyno operator should be able to advise on potential gains based on this info. Of course, if you go for the PC you WILL be able to optimise the fueling but may not get much improvement, depending on above results. Keep us posted !!

16. OhCrumOn

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    Just arrived yesterday but haven't had a chance to do anything more than unbox it. Looks great, skeptical about how the cf is going to hold up over time and exposure since it's raw cf with no clear coat.

Going to throw it on hopefully after work or tomorrow AM after some yard work.

Obligatory pics. Big baffle and lil baffle everyone keeps referencing. Lil one is straight through
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. OhCrumOn

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    You ain't lying about the need for some muscle, that bad boy was tighter than my mom's change purse in a candy store.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Looking forward to your report (and dyno reults ;))

19. OhCrumOn

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    #739 OhCrumOn, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Got it installed but didn't have a minute to take it out. I'll get a clip tomorrow ill do a gold start sound off between the speed and the r1 haha.
    Heads up to everyone doing exhaust, the lil rubber grommets and metal sleeves come out, if you didn't pull them go back and do so before they fall out.
    Finished product with no baffle and it sounds cherry!
    [​IMG]
    My install buddy, the ally cat that I've made the mistake of feeding one too many times
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    How are your bikes riding now OhCrumbOn and Biffig ??