Zorsts

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by flapinflares, Jul 30, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Wayne, if you're talking about the postage costs to France of the pair of exhausts cans, it was £16 from memory.

2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Sorry Dave , I mean in general , if I buy stuff in the UK ( the exchange rate is poor to say the least) I find the postage to Ireland crazy. Some sellers and dealerships rip you off with no thought of the customer and that's not just on E Bay, I could name and shame some Triumph dealers in the UK too.example of this would be I needed a small part for the clocks on Penelope it was the knob that resets the mileage counter. The price was small money as it was a small part, what killed me was they wanted £11 to post it to me!!! With the exchange around 15 euro, when I asked why the said they only use carriers not the Royal Mail . I told them I would pay them for the envelope and stamp but the would not have it.i ended up like I have to with near everything I buy sending it to my mums place in Essex and getting her to send it to me at a fraction of the cost. As for bigger stuff I was going to buy new chain and sprockets on E bay most were free postage to UK but as soon as I put an Irish address its not worth it. Again I have to send free of charge to my mums and get her to post to me. That's why I was wondering if in France do you have the same problem. Oh just to add its free postage to Northern Ireland too , same distance.

3. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Have you got any contacts in NI that you could use, in order to profit from the free UK delivery. I'm not great on Irish geography, is Carlow far from the border between North and South? What about having a PO Box address in the North?

PS Just had a quick look and it doesn't look viable. 115 mls from Carlow to Newry for example.

4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    No your right Dave it's a bit to far, but you get my gripe, it's a total rip off. A friend of mine mentioned something about a parcel box that you collect your stuff from a petrol garage or something, I must look into it

5. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    We have something similar here, it's called Relay point. It gives cheaper (than to your home) delivery by having selected places near to you as drop-off points. Examples of which are Post Offices, DIY stores etc. However I've only ever come across this when BUYING in France, not from abroad.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Ok, I will sus it out, if not I'm just glad I have the Essex avenue.

7. sprocket42

sprocket42 Member

Dec 14, 2014
    tagoat, wexford
    Parcel Motel deliver to NI then ship to your local pick up point usually a garage

• Like Like x 1
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Thanks for that sprocks will try them out.