Zona rear view system

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by John T, Mar 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Went to the Scottish show this weekend....good crack

Spotted these guys

http://www.zona-store.com/

They only launched at the London show

If it works as well as the Demo its could be a world beater. The deal at the show and I think on line is to order upfront at £175 (saving £50) for delivery in June. Your dosh is underwritten and there's a 28 day return money back policy if you don't like it. There's also demonstration Apps to download as a simulation

I was impressed and have took the plunge they are based in the UK in Barnard Castle

• Like Like x 2
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I suppose you have to see it in the flesh as the web page doesnt really show it in action. It shows someone riding a bike being followed by a drone, What I dont understand is if the screen is in your helmet lining how do you see it?

3. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    The tiny screen is on the end of an adjustable stalk probably about the same size as a pencil
    You align it just below your level ahead view so you just swivel eyeball down a bit to see it. It comes in from the side a bit like a helmet intercom microphone. I tried one of their lids on and found it rather good.

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ah ha! Does it have a focusable screen? With my eyesight I'd never be able to see it. Great idea though but I think I'll stick to the life saver.

5. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    For sure I'd keep mirrors and lifesavers going as well. I tried the demo lid without my glasses and seemed clear but with return policy in place I felt it a good bet.
    The camera had some sort of levelling technology and a recording facility too.

6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Seems a great idea right enough,i tried it out and and they had a film showing on the tiny screen rather than a live image which i would have liked to have seen. i think it would take me a while to just rely on the screen rather than the mirrors..what if the image on the screen freezes :eek::eek::eek: don't know if it would be possible for that to happen,I'm probably being paranoid! :oops:

7. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh
    On the one hand, I'm sure it'll be a good idea, and it'll help you to see better behind you and such, but I can't help thinking, wing mirrors don't run out of battery...:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I still prefer bar-ends meself.

9. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Got an e mail with receipts and update yesterday Expected end of June.

Apparently Foggys a shareholder too so not just a paid brand ambassador

£50 off deal extended post show if anyone is interested

10. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it will be interesting to hear a review once you have used it for a while, i think it's a great idea, even although I'd still use the mirrors and my life saver,anything that makes biking safer get a thumbs up from me :)

11. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    If you are worried about batteries ! None required. reevu helmets , have mirror built in, the one you can look at is at top of visor !

• Like Like x 1
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

My mate has a reevu lid and swears by it!
    I couldn't get on with it myself
    I wear glasses for reading but don't need any for driving or riding don't know if I could focus on the small screen
    Mirrors and life savers for me!
    Besides most of our scary moments come from dickheads doing stupid things in front of us

• Like Like x 1
  13. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi dilligaf, that might be because we don't see any of the "scary things" that happen behind us ??
    Unless a friend following See's it and tells us, how are we to know. That's scary ! Of it's own accord.

Cheers capt.

• Like Like x 1
  14. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Certainly look good although I guess a pillion might block the view. The Zona camera is mounted somewhere like the number plate or similar so it's a full rear view. Interested to find out how the power hook up works and wether it needs a switched supply.

Regardless of how good the zona system is rest assured mirrors are remaining on !

• Like Like x 1
  15. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Getting excited got an email through to activate Zona account and give them delivery address

• Like Like x 2
  16. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Forgot I posted this ages back
    There's been a major delay in production now meaning that they wont be about until the end of the year
    That said the boss kindly lent me a demo one for our Summer Scottish trip which I then returned
    I had mixed feelings mainly in the difference of view of distance perception but was prepared to give them a try when the production version came out with its 30 day return policy.
    However as this delivery date is now December there's no chance of me evaluating it properly (Winter Wimp) and then a not so complimentary short revue appeared in Bike Magazine
    So (with some regret) I've asked for my money back and will watch what develops
    Had a look at the new Reevue flip up as well quite interested in that