Yss Shock Absorber ? Any Good.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Hubaxe, Sep 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Hi! As you have maybe seen in another topic, the genuine rear shock on my 2005 Sprint got a seized preload adjustment. As I ride more and more with wife and luggage, this is not ok.
    Second small issue, the bike is 2cm too high for my short legs.

I've browsed a bit and found YSS shock for around 300 Euros. These have a simple thread for the preload, and an adjustable length. This would solve all my issues.

Does anyone actually ride with YSS shock, and are they any good?

• Like Like x 1
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    They are very good for the money, very pleased with mine.

20190911_113725.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yes:)totally transformed my 09 Speedmaster :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    I finally went for a made to mesure shock (usage, weight, etc) with the lowering adjustable option with a company called "Shock factory". the shock will be made at 1 h driving from home.
    From the friend who advised me about, it's held by an englishman called Mike Capon that worked for EMC shocks, and created this business.
    The price is 450 euros (395 + adjustable height option), so not far from a YSS and locally made. https://shock-factory.co.uk/
    If some have interest in, I'll give you my feedback once the shock will be on the bike.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Stuart Budd

Stuart Budd New Member

Sep 11, 2020
    Gloucestershire
    Great on my '95 900 Sprint.. much better quality and value than Hagon (IMHO)

• Like Like x 1
  6. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Can supply at discount. Message me if I can help anyone.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    I've ordered my new shock on wednesday, received a call on Friday to go and collect it at the workshop. You can see where the shock is actually built, and can talk with the guys that made it. It's a nice experience.
    And any issue, maintenance can be done.
    I can only recommend Shock Factory. The Boss Mike Capon is a very knowledgeable person, and takes the time to explain all you need to know about the shock he built for you. Add to that a more than fair price.
    Saturday morning, I mounted the new shock.
    Don't follow the Haynes fully. No need to disassemble the fuel tank. Only the battery box removal is mandatory to pull out the shock. Just lift the tank to disassemble the support.
    The only con is I need to remove the shock plastic guard to adjust the shock.

A new shock is always a good way to confirm how much the old one was not good anymore :)

AM.JPG

• Like Like x 3