You're Never Too Old For Fun

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rich Bryce, Jan 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    We chatted with Howard from Cambridge at Pure Triumph Woburn on Friday. He has a Honda 750 which he finds boring so was looking to buy a Speed Triple for a bit more excitement. He's only been riding a wee while, having been given the ok by his missus to swap his MGF for two wheels three years ago. That was when he was aged 72. Made me feel a bit of a whimp complaining about my inflamatory rheumatoid arthritis.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dayoshir

Dayoshir Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    It's ok, he's still a few years behind Dozersdad :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Ooops,how to make friends and influence people, surely DD is a mere stripling of youth.

Rich you complain about rheumatoid arthritis, I complain about sciatica, a stye on my eye and f*ck me now a bloody spot right in the middle of my forehead

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dayoshir

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    Lol to the rest of you he probably is a mere stripling of youth!

I'm a youngun you see lol

5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    My sympathies Dave. Them spots can be a right b!tch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Not a pleasant way to start new year :confused:

I had problems tying my shoe laces this morning. My back isn't in a great shape anymore o_O

Mrs caught me struggling and asked if I was ok. ...what can I say. .....All good love....just stretching :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  7. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Blue figgin nun you poser,lol.
    Actually the first bottle of wine I ever had at a xmas dinner was blue nun, I thought it was soooooo posh.lol
    I am a 50s boy,bsa bantams c15s etc, get the drift...................no it is a struggle on a 125 bantam

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    'Watney's Party 7', blimey that takes me back to my teenage days in the 60's. Always guaranteed entry to any party with one of those under your arm. The aim was to get it out again unopened for the next party. And once opened (a feat in itself, always supposing you could find a screwdriver) you had the inevitable warm Watney shower splattering the ceiling and drenching any party goers too preoccupied snogging to notice the imminent disaster. Enough gas in those fekkers to inflate two motorbike tyres. The correct etiquette, of course, was never open the bugg*r near the records.

• Like Like x 2
  9. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Lol and it was a feat to manage to drink a whole one too,well for me anyway, could never get a full pint out each time so it looked like you were getting 10 or 11 pints out.. Funny coz i could do double figures in the pub then.
    Went to mallory park in the late 70s with a mate who had strapped one of the party packs on his rack of his RD 250. We thought it was raining on the last bit of the journey there,turned out it was his can had got a tiny hole in it thru vibration etc and it was spraying us behind with beer. It was half empty by the time we arrived.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dayoshir

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    I remember someone telling me they were known as grotneys??

11. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Ooh! Them styes can be a pig

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    @ Mike, groaaaaaan, sigh.

13. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I am viewing my return to biking this summer with a little trepidation, i gave up in 2001, mainly because i suffer arthritis and have a neck problem that the doctor recons is down to riding hard-taills with those old heavy helmets LOL!
    Got into silly fast Japanese cars for a while, but cant afford all that now i am retired.

Not sure i would ever returned to biking, mainly due to finance, but for the sudden and unexpected demise of a close friend who's T160 chop i now have and i'm rebuilding into a bobber style (see the projects section) kind of looking forward to getting back in the saddle, although i don't know if i will be able to handle the hard-tail, and my knees are fooked, so not looking forward to the kickstart.

14. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    just wondering, can you fit a leccy starter to it? I know T160s had them

15. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK

Yes i can, i could if i could find one, but i would also need somewhere to fit a much bigger battery and associated wiring, so i'll have to grin and bare it.:(