Touring Your Favourite Roads, Routes, Passes and Fly By's!!

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by JimDiesel, Mar 24, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Ok peeps, lets get your favourite, roads, routes, passes, Tours, Trips, bends, Islands etc and why listed,
    Share your thoughts and inspire others to try them...
    Pics are good too... :upyeah:

2. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Alps tour 2012, 2 Speed Triples, 1 Tiger 800, 2 GS 1200, 1 Aprilia Falcon and a s@@tload of fun!!
    Day 1 - notts to Metz in France... Long haul, the Melton road down to Rutland from Notts was brilliant
    Day 2 - Metz to Landeck some awesome roads but no idea where or what as wet were following the 2 GS and tiger

Whilst out at Landeck we went and did the Stelvio pass!! Omg anyone who's been knows what I'm on about... The way up on the one side was awful, mega steep rise on hairpins with super cars n bikes coming at you from all directions... Going down on the other side was a different thing all together.... Wow heavenly open hair pins and full grin factor....

image.jpg

We are going back this June but will be taking a different route through to Landeck, this time picking up the Grosse Glockner Pass....

image.jpg

Can't wait!! :upyeah:

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    • Like Like x 1
  4. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    I like all the roads, just a shame we cant get on them at the minute with all the sodding snow. Then the snow will melt to reveal all the cavernous potholes :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    A few of us go to Germany in September. we head for Kaiserslautern in Germany and make that our base.. There are some good roads on the way and we try and avoid Motorways... We do use them to get us into France but afterwards we stay off them...
    We head into the Black Forest to Johanniskreuz, The 48 is a great road as the other around it.... There is a bikers cafe in Johanniskreuz so just follow the bikers....

We normally head out to the Nurburgring across country, a nice trip with great scenery....And then there's the Ring............

• Like Like x 1
  6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
  7. Batey74

Batey74 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    I'm going on the same tour as screwball in June, can't wait to ride the stelvio pass... But the most amazing route I've rode is the B500 to Baden Baden, an awesome road...

8. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    The Alps is a fantastic playground with a motorbike loved my visit last year. Bourge st Maurice is a great base to explore BTW.

Exploring Scotland for a week this summer (never been) heard it never rains up there.

2014 planning something bigger as its my 50th probably still Europe though

• Like Like x 1
  9. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Paul got to Agree with you... It was good...not sure if it's top.. But close.. Very fast flowing bends...mental...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Batey74

Batey74 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    Well our resident grass expert, I'm sure we'll top that in June...

11. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    It was always my intention to do the B500 on our way down to Italy this year. You lot have just made it a 'must'.

12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    And it's not the smoking kind of grass....... Yes im hoping June will be something special...

• Like Like x 1