youles manchester / blackburn

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by MonkeyRyder, Jul 11, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MonkeyRyder

MonkeyRyder Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Salford, Manchester
    Has anyone had any dealings with youles in manchester or thier Blackburn branch?

The Manchester office seems to always have at least a 8 week waiting list when I've called. i ended up getting a service from a small local garage but they closed down and to be honest I had no intention of going back there anyway but thats another story.

my bikes booked in for the middle of august as i'm having a few starting issues, also smelling a bit rich so want it on their machine to check the fuelling sytem.

Any feedback on them would be great

cheers

2. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    Yes, I have used Blackburn from 2006 to 2012 for my ST maintenance, three week lead is typical.

My Explorer I bought with a better deal from Cobb and Jagger at Triumph West Yorkshire and cannot recommend them high enough, I still have the Explorer and they will continue to maintain it

I am now back with Youles for the Bonnie (2nd bike) and again they advised that there is a three week lead.

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    1 week is okay but not 3, what are they short staffed or something??

4. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    That is par for the course in this part of the world, I just bought a Bonnie and specifically asked what is a typical lead time for booking servicing.

They have said to me that if there is a problem and the bike is not usable then they will provide a loan for the duration it takes to effect the repair.

BMW Southport were the same until two years ago when I got rid of the RT, they even took 6 months to obtain an replace a tyre pressure sensor so never ever will I use them again.

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Bloody hell 6 months !!!

I thought 3 months was bad enough with Aprilia :frown:

Bet your glad you didn't swap for the new RT with the ESA then :wink:

6. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    My RT was the SE version with ESA, which was basically Hard, Useable and Bloody Hell this thing wanders.

Adjusting for two up and two up with full luggage was useful.

The agricultural engine where I had to change up and down like anything on normal roads just to be in the right gear and revs sucked

Compared to the gearbox the engine was a Roller.

That said it was comfortable and a mile muncher but fun to ride, no.

I have also ridden the GS a few times and cannot set at all why it is so popular, the Explorer is twice as much fun to ride, by far better built and has a glorious engine, I'm in love with mine

It is just a shame that the new Trophy weighs a ton, for me its 50kg to heavy, I know its cofg is lowish but the Explorer is tough enough for me to get out of my garage and that weighs far less. Had it been lighter I would now have one

7. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Haven't really seen many new Trophies around as yet, apart from in dealers. But they do look big.

The reason I asked about the RT with ESA due to the recall they had the other month, talk about an total recall!! :eek:

8. Eric_H

Eric_H Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    #8 Eric_H, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    In September I bought my 3 yo Bonnie SE from Youles in Blackburn and I can't fault their service. Royston the guy who I dealt with was patient, very helpful and nothing was to much trouble. After having the bike for three weeks I found a problem with the handlebar bushes and took it back for them to look at. They didn't have the bushes in stock but phoned me a week later and booked my bike in for the work doing under warranty. I took the bike down to them and 2 Hours later I got a text saying my bike was ready for collection. Great service from a great team of people and the coffee is gratis.

9. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    lol I prefer Columbian coffee

10. glassbacken

glassbacken Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Youles of Blackburn are excellent, all the people are very helpful and friendly and the latte is the best!

11. Eric_H

Eric_H Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Haha should have been Gratis not cratis

12. James ellerby

James ellerby Active Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Manchester
    currently dealing with Youles in Manchester , staff always very polite and professional, 3 times i had a coffee brought to me without any reason ( just good old fashion great service )
    The Sales man Stephen Butler seems a nice genuine chap and even included to me that i get him as part of my Triumph ownership, i guess he is confident on his commitment to service and the product.

Time will tell but it certain did sway my decision to buy.

Saying that the sales team at Harley in Leeds i find also very accommodating ( can i mention them on here :p )

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Had quite a few bikes from Youles....

Good team.

Always found them to be professional and courteous, and quick to get a brew on. Lads in the workshop happy to explain what they have done to your bike despite being `on the clock`.

Sometimes there has been a bit of a wait for workshop services, but I think that's cos it's quite small, with a large area to cover before they opened in Manchester. Expanding Blackburn shortly, so more floor space for more bikes.

ATB

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  14. James ellerby

Feb 6, 2016
    Manchester
    Just had my first service carried out, met the mechanic and had a general chat over it , all good :D

15. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    Stephen sold me my bike last week. Super nice guy all the staff seem to be nice.
    Manchester shop is always happy to over a brew.

• Like Like x 1
  16. James ellerby

Feb 6, 2016
    Manchester
    what did ya buy ? pictures ???

17. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    image.jpg image.jpg Pick it up in two weeks

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Nice one Lee...

Had a Street myself - bags of fun.

Enjoy...

ATB

Bob

19. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Picked up the wasp yesterday.:)

Both the bike and the buying experience flawless.

ATB

Bob

20. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    I want in today to pay the balance on my bike and buy a tank pad .
    I only got £2.50 off the price of a £25 pad lol.

• Like Like x 1