Yet Another Noob Saying 'hello'

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Captain Trips, Feb 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ozzman

Ozzman New Member

Jan 8, 2022
    Usa
    Hello everyone, Ozzie from North Carolina here. I am the new proud owner of 2005 Bonneville America.This bike and I have known each other for 10 years. I watched my neighbor ride this bike for years, not as often as I would have. One day he parked the bike at the end of his driveway with a for sale sign on it.I caught him before he went to his house with the for sale sign in my hand and that was that. Unfortunately I had no idea how badly my neighbor neglected this bike. I am having a hard time finding new or used parts for his bike. So I thought I would join the forum and maybe some of you would steer me in the right direction for parts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Hi Ozzie and welcome - it would be easier for you to start your own intro thread I think; not many people will see your post here on the end of a three years' old one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Welcome to the forum Ozzie. As Mrs Visor says start a new thread and show us some pictures of the bike :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Ozzie welcome, a man after my own. Just the sort of thing I would do. Yep, both of them. Buy a bike without looking at it and posting something in the wrong place. Welcome and enjoy :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Welome, Ozzie. You should find lots of help here, and even more who will be interested on your progress giving some much needed TLC to your new America.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ozzman

Ozzman New Member

Jan 8, 2022
    Usa
    She is at the dealership right now getting carburetors, tires and air box sorted out. I will post pics as soon as I get it home and clean it up. Ride on y’all.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Welcome in although this is a well used post from another new member so in effect your using a ‘used’ second time around condom!!

8. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    You're so gross. :joy:

9. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Mind bleach? Heheheh