Ye Olde Iron Horse

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chainbiter, Dec 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chainbiter

Chainbiter Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2021
    North Yorkshire
    Once upon time, the steam locomotive was the iron horse of those light of foot or of a 'travelling' disposition, or at least them that disappeared one day and popped up somewhere else instead.

Well, the days of the steam locomotive are way behind us and today, my bike is my iron hoss but the music of yesterday stays with me, just last year I glanced left while at a set of red lights on the Leeds ring road at a fantastic looking blonde bird. The look of sheer puzzlement on her face made me realise I was still beltin out the Glenn Campbell track that was in my headphones...

Did it stop me singin ? Get tae F*** this is my day out...

What do you listen to, what gets you in the zone ?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Back when country music was real, unlike all this watered down neo-pop/country you’re seeing over the last 20 years that’s more of a parody than anything else.

3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Great choice in Glen Campbell. Sam's Gran and I had the pleasure and great fortune in seeing Glen live at the Colston Hall in Bristol on his last UK tour before his Altzheimer's got too bad. What an artist!!!
    Although he had to be prompted every now and again his guitar playing was magic, especially the 'Duelling Banjo's' duet he did with his daughter.

Others on my play list are Chris Rea, Jools Holland and many more

4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Love the picture you painted for us of you belting out Glenn Campbell as you (and only you!) heard it in your headphones, @Chainbiter. :joy:

There's one song above all others that gets me in the zone while I'm riding and that I love to belt out along with James Brown....

james-brown-dancing.gif

5. Steve O'Connor

Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I like all kinds of tunes. Mostly Blues-Rock but not limited to that. I like Kingfish, The Dirty Knobs, Gary Clark Jr., Tedeschi-Trucks band along with the classics like the Beatles, Stones, Allman Brothers, Santana & the like. But I am always looking in guitar magazines for reviews of both new & old music.

• Like Like x 1