Wurth Chain Lube

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Reggie, Apr 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Does anyone know if there's any difference in the quality of Wurth's Dry Chain Lube depending on which colour of can you buy ?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Is the red can maybe just a newer design ? I recall the white one being around for years now.

Thanks for any help guys.

2. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Yes I've been reading that thread but there's nothing that helps me with my query about Wurth's lube.

Maybe there's nowt to worry about........ might just buy the one with the extra 20% free. :)

3. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    That's what I'm thinking too Andyc1.

Half the ads on ebay are the red can and half the white.... might just be old stock.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    :eek::eek:

The buggers BRAND new :D.... zero miles. Nah fella, I was thinking about future lubing that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Put your money into a Scottoiler or similar, that'll cure your future lubing problems.

6. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Had one 10+ years ago on my CB1300 and thought it was a pain in the arse Mick.... flow was all to cock !!

Maybe they're better now though.

7. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Vacuum Scottoiler on mine, it works perfectly giving all year round virtually maintenance free lubrication.
    Regular cleaning and greasing is a bit of a pain in the arse for me, it's purely down to personal choice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    I used to hate cleaning chains but now and again I don't mind getting down on my hands and knees with a toothbrush and scrubbing away. Not often mind..... weather has to be really bad where I wouldn't be out riding anyway.