Scrambler Wtf Would Buy A Bond Ltd Edition

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by SleepyOwl, May 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Such a stunning bike...and so little love :pensive:

• Like Like x 3
  2. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I like the bike its the price I have issues with. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    And the 007 tat

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Sing with me

Ner ner ner ner ner ner, ner ner ner ner, ner nat ner ner nat ner not so fast Mr Triumph

5. al900

al900 New Member

May 17, 2020
    Greece
    • Like Like x 3
  6. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    #46 johne, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020

Dunno about that, but at more than 4 times what I paid for my Thruxty 900 (also a 2011 bike) I think the seller is being very optimistic, so any potential buyer probably has a licence to print money!

It's a sellers prerogative to ask whatever they wish of course,but when I saw that at first I thought its got be a piss take. It may have a shed load of trick parts fitted, but I reckon a stock 1200 Thruxton will probably see it off and there are a few available from trade sellers at under £7k now. I know which I'd rather have. ;)

In the description it states 'we don't expect this to be here for long' I agree, at that price I think they'll have it forever!

• Like Like x 2
  7. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    And yet its been on there at least since 2nd March :laughing:

8. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    So this is the 007 bike.

IMG_007.JPG

I'll be honest...I did reserve one but cancelled the next day, in favour of a standard XE. I love the look, but dislike the Bond thing...wish it had been a straight TFC version instead.

I may consider copying the tank design (more like the Baja version), but thoughts like that fade once you start riding and find that it's such a great machine, the looks don't feel quite as important.

Either way, Mr Bond is at least £4,500 over a standard well-specced XE. The black bits do have a lovely finish; the metallic paintwork is gorgeous; the Bond badging is more discrete than it looked in the publicity photos; the real leather seat is almost the same as the fake leather standard seat; the start-up bond screen is silly. Overall, it looks amazing, but it's underwhelming for the price tag.

Loving my standard XE (with slash-cut bond-style pipes...unlike the Bond version that doesn't have them).

• Like Like x 3
  9. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    I would think the Bond bike is mainly aimed at the rather rich where £20K is not even a drop in the ocean ... the rest of us have to properly count the pennies before parting with them :confused:

10. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    You speak for your self mate I'm loaded! ;)

with debt :(

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Ha yes !!... if one has to ask the price one cannot afford it o_O