Wtb Daytona 1200 Seat Cowl...(mission Accomplished)

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Daytona1200Express, Feb 7, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Daytona1200Express

Daytona1200Express Active Member

Feb 7, 2021
    NH, USA
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Morning D12E. You'll, no doubt, be aware that 'stuff' for the early T3s is usually VERY difficult to find and most of us T3 owners are relying on, and endlessly searching for, ever diminishing stocks of used parts. To be totally frank about this, your best bet is, really, to try to scour as many 'local' (US based) bike breakers/dismantlers/scrap yards on the off chance ..... particularly if you're looking for a genuine original in the correct colour.

If, as I fear is most likely, that fails - especially in the timescales you might want - to elicit anything useable and you're prepared to take one 'at any price' then get in touch with me. I'd be happy to volunteer to order the part from SPRINT and turn it around to you on receipt ... BUT, please be aware of a couple of things :-

1) the SPRINT part comes in grey primer so you'll need to either paint it or get it painted to match.

2) postage costs will be BIG, with a capital "F"! I've sent stuff out to a couple of US based forum members and postage costs have been jaw dropping compared to what they were a few years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if you'd be looking at a total bill somewhere north of $300 US to get the SPRINT one to you, and then you have to get it painted!

I assume that your bike has the correct threaded bosses in the seat - it's not unusual for the seats to have been changed for another from the T3 range, they are pretty much interchangeable and not all of them had the bosses?

Let me know if you want to take it further.

EDIT :- sorry, just to clarify, the 300USD cost estimate is for purchase and shipping, not just shipping! Apologies for poor wording!

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Daytona1200Express

Feb 7, 2021
    NH, USA
    #3 Daytona1200Express, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Thank you, Adie!

I know UK post and packing prices are very high...I will give Sprint Manufacturing one more week, then I think I will take you up on your offer, as my Daytona 1200 looks unfinished without the seat cowl. Painting it will also be pretty steep, probably another 300-400 USD...but what can a guy do? I can't find a used OEM one anywhere, for any price!

Ducati 900SS parts are easier for me to find, but persist I must!

4. Daytona1200Express

Feb 7, 2021
    NH, USA
    Well, here is the exact message I got from Trevor at Sprint Manufacturing, guess I can't buy a cowl from them...

Thank you for your order.

We have put an International block on our website at this time while it is being modified to allow air post only on International orders. Air post is just about ok, but courier delivery is a problem at the moment and some of our parcels have gone missing. Sorry the seat cowl is a courier item, so we are not able to help for now until we see more reliable courier deliveries.

Regards,
    Trev.

5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    D1200E - PM sent. :)

6. Daytona1200Express

Feb 7, 2021
    NH, USA
    Well, I have a seat cowl...yay!