Would You Let Your Daughter Go Out Dressed Like This

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rich Bryce, Jan 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Lovely story Joe, you're a very lucky man. :p:p:p:p:p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    thebigLad.
    Yes I really am. How are you these days. And how's that horse are you back in shows yet.
    Ride Free
    Joe.

3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Holy shee yit. We're brothers from a different mother. My parents, especially my mother, used to drive me crazy ... "when are you going to have children - you're so good with them?!" I think they finally gave up when I hit about forty and four motorcycles!

Personally I've never had a nanosecond's doubt or regret, especially now that the bike population is in double figures!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Yes. One of the lead characters, Brick Top, has a memorable scene where he tells "the silly sods who blagged the bookies" * how to use pigs to get rid of bodies. You mentioned you were running out of room to bury them and that you'd discovered pig farms so wondered if you'd go the idea from said film.

* translation - the gentlemen with reduced intellectual capacity who committed a robbery on the bookmaker.

The movie is called Snatch, starring Vinnie Jones and Jason Statham (before he got famous in the Transporter and Expendables films), and is a great way for you to get acquainted with some very dodgy Cockney accents, English vernacular and a great turn by Brad Pitt as a member of the travelling/gypsy/Romany community, AKA a "Pikey".

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

2e96e50c9558d561b608bcba550d350c.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    #46 GaleForceEight, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019

This is my SMLE No.1 Mk3*. Built in 1917 and still as accurate as the day it was made. Not sure it saw service during WW1, but I've looked after it over the last 15 years or so. :)

IMG_0055.JPG IMG_0056.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  7. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Watch the series, Deadwood, loads of people fed to the pigs in this brilliant western.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes Dozers Dad. We have and I do believe if I ever went into the bank and tried to cash a cheque I would get arrested as I can't ever remember signing one Tracy does it all for my and signs my name better than me. But if I want ash I just say Tracy can you get me say £50 pound next time you pass the bank and she gets it. Always worked for me. I am someone who can't keep money and we would lose the house and every thing if it was left to me. And I am sensible enough to know that.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    BS1948
    I see things your way. A sensible Girl doesn't have to be told what to do they know. Tracy to has all those Degree's and levels and stuff. And really is way above my level. But I am so proud of her and her achievements and devotion. Again she is back in university from the end of this month for a year and she will gain another degree. I do ask her time and time again what she see's in me. She just laughs and says if you don't know that I will never be able to explain it.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 7
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozer Dad
    How did you find that out. Tried to hide it for years now. The ears not so good these days keep having to get them syringed to breath through them. You know we been together 33 34 years and I have never heard her swear or got her angry. I think she may not be a real person. Maybe a robot.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    If she a robot, that explains both her not swearing and getting angry, also explains all the Degrees ! Perfect memory , so cantc fail her exams . Unless there's a power outage . lol

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Cap City Murph

Cap City Murph Active Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Carson city nv.
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Hannibal,the follow up to,Silence of the Lambs, also feeds people to pigs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Baffled by Bisley - have shot there as an Adult helper for many years at the annual Scout shoot - and have won a medal for the old fart category.

I have tried so many times to join a club but they just don’t bother to help. The sport will die if they don’t get new blood - my three boys want to join too.

Instead we do clay shooting as that’s a lot easier to do.

RIP full bore.

It’s a bit like why Bisley lost out of a bag full of Olympics money because each club got arguing, so the committee spent their millions elsewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    We are out of season right now, but we’ll be shooting at Bizzers again come April. I am the chairman of our club and to be honest I am disgusted if you’ve been treated that way. We don’t have our own clubhouse there but we maintain an affiliation to London and Middlesex Rifle Club so we can use theirs on our shoot days. I’ll PM you my phone number - get in touch and come along to a shoot as a guest, and we can go from there!

• Like Like x 6
  16. Tony Richardson

Tony Richardson Active Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich
    Just like me , used .303 Lee Enfields for practice, SLR for competitions, first time I ever saw a SLR at Thetford ranges, I beat the score of the instructor who was teaching me how to shoot it.,
    Always was handy with any sort of long gun, not so much with sidearms.

• Like Like x 1