Would You Have The Corvid Vaccine Tomorrow If Offered?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rooster, Nov 15, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Sir Tony … there’s a controversial one

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

The whole class thing is an anachronism that needs doing away with, along with the royal family. My guess is you are about to see the honours junket pay out again, when Sue Grey produces a toothless report and gets Bozo off the hook. Look out for her damehood a discrete distance down the road....:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I pretty much agree with that, but Sue Gray’s report will not change the general perception of Boris. He’s always been an idiot but now he’s a toxic idiot, according to the polls.

Talking of idiots, I see Nadine Dorries has played a tactical card to try and deflect attention away from the current Tory debacle. And so to this, which I would argue brings us back on topic for this thread. :D

upload_2022-1-17_10-57-16.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

AKA dead cat trick....

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Nice try. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Kind of like your fan boy who just chimed in there.

Probably so. Politically rewarded.

I'm not schooled up on all the heritage and specifics of "knighthood," but when they started doling it out to Mick Jagger and Elton John(read THOSE two dudes' bios), that's when I saw it for what it is- pompous flatulent bullshit. Military Orders, of which a few still exist, would be the closest thing to the "knights of yore" but they're pretty much just ceremonial too now. One of our founding policies in the US was doing away with "titles of nobility," but it can be argued that they have somewhat seeped back into the collective mind- "your honor," "senator," "madame secretary," etc. Sir or Ma'am should suffice IMHO.

image.png

image.png

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  6. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

^ yes can be a fine line between courtesy and forelock tugging, so if in doubt err on the side of rudeness....:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    It works for me most of the time but there is the occasional site that will block it.