Would You Have The Corvid Vaccine Tomorrow If Offered?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rooster, Nov 15, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    That is your prerogative, of course. :) We lived for long enough without them and they're not completely necessary yet, thankfully.

2. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I read that with interest, particularly because of the low percentage of infection among the crew. Then I read the last line, which threw the legitimacy of the whole article in to question.

3. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#683 Golgotha, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2022
    This screenshot would indicate otherwise. You were saying?

Perhaps you should keep better track of your own posts before running thine suck.

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 7.05.09 PM.png

4. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    In Octoberon's defense, his post about missing the point was directed at me.

upload_2022-1-2_19-19-17.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Once again you've missed the context of the thread. Here, I'll help you.

upload_2022-1-3_0-18-11.png

I see you've avoided citing your source for the Victoria app though. Were you referring to a different Victoria than the one in Southern Australia?

6. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

You're so busy challenging multiple posters you've lost the individual conversations.

We get it dude… "you'll win at any cost."

Seriously… take a breath and actually run-through the thread and the individual replies. I'm not even a part of this "Travellers" guy's input. Haven't been for some time now.

7. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    And they say Americans don't do irony.

8. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    Why? Based on the freedom of information act releasing of thousands of Dr. Fauci's own email's he knew it started in China, was created by China and was funded, at least in part, by America's own National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, of which Fauci is the director. He was funding gain of function research on a corona virus that was only found in animals but has now, thanks to the research, jumped to humans.

You can start here but there is plenty out there.
    https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/nih-a...ion-in-wuhan-despite-faucis-repeated-denials/

I had a link to Fauci's emails in PDF version if you would like to read them I'm sure I can find it. But I warn you it is 3000+ pages of doctor talk.

This by the way is another part of the reason I do not trust the vaccine. Its being pushed by a guy that funded the creation of a virus, stands to profit from it, and then lied, about funding it or knowing about where it came from, to the entire world.

9. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Another spitball… nice try.

10. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    Are we taking about Victoria, British Columbia, in Canada? They do have a similar Arrive Canada App that tracks quarantine.
    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation

Australia has something similar but I think it is more of a contact tracing thing. https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app

11. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

No dude. There's this whole other "Victoria" in this place called Australia.

12. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I know Fauci is the poster-boy for anti-vaxxers in the US but he has comparatively little relevance to us here in the UK, or anywhere else in the world, I suspect.

Labs have viruses. This is how they experiment with cures and try to stay ahead of the infections that can cause pandemics. That isn't news. Labs require funding. Also not news. As far as I'm aware, there are labs holding on to smallpox samples (contentiously) even though it's been eradicated in the population. There are worse things to unleash that SARS-CoV-2 if you're that evil.

This is as far down the rabbit hole as I'm going - vaccines have been developed in different countries across the world, including here with the Oxford/AstraZeneca version, and much work has been done under multi-national collaborations with companies and universities. Have one of those if you're only concerned about Pfizer. We all have to look for answers beyond our own borders now

Finally, I realise this is an emotive subject and there is a lot of (mis)information to suit all opinions out there, but do consider as you're selecting what information to consume whether you're exposing yourself to confirmation bias. It's easily done and none of us are immune to it. We're all intrinsically wrapped up in a biotech venture that few of us have the expertise to unravel or fully understand, so established, apolitical sources of information are our best hope for the truth. The nature of science also means there are no absolutes and the learning never stops. We have to consider that, too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Yes, dude. That's the one in Southern Australia where the trial was. So, where you talking about some other app or not?

14. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    It's sarcasm. I know you're fond of it yourself so I thought I'd give it a go.

15. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    The nature of science is to question everything and never just trust the science.

One oddity of this entire thing is that this is the first time in history that the failures of a medicine is being blamed on the people that did not take it.

16. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I think we've established that we're talking about Australia. I wondered if that was the root of the misunderstanding but apparently it isn't.

17. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    There's a flaw in your logic. It assumes the vaccine (I presume that's what you meant by 'medicine') is a failure. Scientifically, you would have to define the parameters for that as a hypothesis and then carry out a controlled experiment to prove or disprove it. :)

18. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

There was no "trial" dude. The shit was put in place… in Victoria, as I stated.

How hard are you going to make this, aside from that ongoing creepy campaign I mentioned a bit before?

19. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    You posted something, I suggested a clarification was needed and provided some evidence as to why. You even started your post with 'IIRC', so what's the problem with getting to the facts? It shouldn't be an issue but for some reason you've just been snarky and sarcastic.

While I'm at it, trying to demonise and demean me is pointless. No one is buying it.

Now, do you want to clarify this thing in Australia like intelligent people, or not?

20. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    If the vaccine does not stop you from getting COVID it is a failure. I would even call it a success if it worked 95% of the time since we all know there has never been a vaccine that was 100% effective. I am not anti vax but I am anti COVID vax.