Would You Have The Corvid Vaccine Tomorrow If Offered?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rooster, Nov 15, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    If it was a case of “don’t take the vaccine, catch COVID and die” I would be fine with that. The problem is that I feel the reality is that it is more likely to be “don’t take the vaccine, pass Corvid on to others who will also die”.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Can we lance the boil of this antibody nonsense? Your body needs an ongoing infection to manufacture them. That’s why they fall away.

Your primary line of defence is T cells. They have a memory like an elephant. Second infections are vanishingly small. Once you have had it you are good to go indefinitely. Most real epidemiologists reckon exposure to other corona viruses meant about 30-34% of the population were already immune. That is consistent with the observed EVIDENCE not future forecasts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Fizzling out, the daily figures would suggest otherwise.

Re your comment about Safe Vaccines taking far longer to develop - where is your evidence that it is not possible to develop a safe vaccine within a 12 month period when you task a huge number of scientists to do the job and support them with unlimited funding.

• Like Like x 3
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hypothetical is what you’re conform post is:confused:
    I can only go by the law as it is at the moment in that you can’t be discriminated against for medical reasons :)
    I had a heart attack and have heart disease :( I have to tell the DVLA and my insurance companies about it but I’m not discriminated against because of it :)
    If I want to comply as you put it I can’t see how it would have any effect on anyone that doesn’t want to :confused:
    It would take a change in the laws as they stand and I don’t think that would go unnoticed do you?:confused:

• Like Like x 7
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Look at Dr Mike Yeadon’s Twitter feed and educate yourself......

6. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    To drive a car, you need to pas a test and are obliged to follow a set of rules called the Highway Code. That’s not Emotional blackmail, it’s common sense. Taking a vaccine to save lives also sounds like common sense.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I think you should cast your mind back to when you first joined the forum. A number of members offered you the hand of friendship. Since that time you have abused that friendship. I personally don’t give a feck if you want to behave a like a school boy, crack on mate

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    There are cures and effective treatments for many cancers. My wife had breast cancer last year and is now cured. More are coming on stream all the time. The problem with cancer is that it is a generic term covering many differing illnesses and a cure for one is not a cure for another. Some may never get a cure as they are so rare that the cost of developing one cannot be economically funded.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    As someone who’s 70 years old and has letters from the NHS telling me that I’m Extremely Clinically Vunerable from Covid 19 then I don’t think I have a choice.
    At the moment life’s rubbish for me just like it was in the first wave.

• Love You Love You x 4
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Your entitled to your opinion. And I won’t be lowering myself and get into a name slinging match with you. So crack on with the abuse, you are just proving how big a school boy you really are

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    I didn’t know they told thalidomide users that they had to pass a driving test.

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    No there aren’t, current thinking is that all the current known mutations can be dealt with by a single vaccine.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    A few interesting points Duck however my view would be:
    1 no one should be coerced into anything - but I can see the vaccine as a route to a ‘Health Passport’ to allow travel and normalising life again
    2. I would like to keep my family and community as healthy as possible, so even though we are all healthy (and have some of the lowest prevalence rates in the Country down here) - if taking the vaccine keeps it that way then yep sign me up
    3. I remember Thelidomide and the catastrophic effects a lack of testing can have (and I’m certain many in government and the drugs companies remember it well) my understanding is that this vaccine is based on another widely tested vaccine that is safe without long term effects, of course the changes Pfizer are making may affect this, but that’s what all the testing is about now

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Like I said I think you have lost the plot mate...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Tony, nothing has been shared with me, so you are in much better informed place than me.

16. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    I’m only basing this on what the guy who developed the vaccine said on the Andrew Mar show this morning. So far he believes that all known corvid 19 mutations could be dealt with by a single vaccine, and not just his vaccine but also others in development.

17. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    I like point 1. They did something similar in the film Pandemic, gave everyone who had the vaccine a wrist band that allowed them various privileges. But whilst the Genghis Khan in me says it’s a good idea, it would only work if the vaccine was available to all at the same time and of course it won’t be. On the other hand as I’m approaching 65 I might be nearer the top of this list of recipients so feck em, I’ll have wrist band please.

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Damn the vaccination industry and their potions that eradicated smallpox, and if my kids want polio, who are the government to deny them!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah mate you tell em :mad:
    And all of us that took the jabs at school and the flu vaccine have now got microscopic implants that control our thoughts and take away our ability to think for ourselves :(
    I WILL CONFORM
    I WILL CONFORM
    I WILL CONFORM
    :joy::joy::joy::joy:FFS:joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 9
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I have replied...

• Thanks Thanks x 1