Would A Street Triple 675 2007 - 2012 Engine Fit In My 1999 Triumph Daytona

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Druidgetafix, Aug 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Druidgetafix

Druidgetafix New Member

Aug 27, 2019
    uk
    Hi , Sorry for being a pain , i just bought a 1999 triumph daytona 955 ,but the engine is dead , I have been offered a 2008 675 street triple engine, could it fit in my frame without too much hassle or should i just hunt for a straight swap engine. Many thanks

2. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    If it was me I would be looking for a 955i replacement engine.
    trying to retro fit a 675 engine in that frame would be an absolute Ballache for little gain IMHO :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    Even if it fit (and I doubt that it would) you would need complete wiring harness and ECU plus a host of other bits
    Even going to a second gen 955 engine (02-06) is not trivial (that series of engine will fit the frame but there are a TON of other things that need to be replaced along with it, again you'd be looking at wiring harness and ECU but that's is only the start) - stick with Speed Triple (99-01) Daytona (97-01) or Sprint (99-01) or it's going to be a whole lot more involved

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Nothing is impossible, but it’s if the gain is greater than the pain.
    I’d look for an original at least you know it will go. But if you like a challenge as I say it won’t be impossible

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Druidgetafix

Druidgetafix New Member

Aug 27, 2019
    uk
    Thanks Guys , Looks like I'll go for an original motor , a lot less hassle.

• Agree Agree x 1