Worst Things About Biking.......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jul 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

The palaver getting kitted up !

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just walk into the garage and some kind of Iroman gadgetry just chucked all your gear onto you. Putting base layers on, socks, breathable midlayer, trousers, boots, neck thingy, jacket, earplugs, helmet, gloves, takes at least 10 minutes faffin about.

And that's after being some kind of weather guru amd working out what the weather is going to do for the next 6 hours so you don't get too hot / cold, jacket & trouser linings in / out !!!!!!:confounded:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I don't mind the suiting up, it's all part of the ride for me.
    Rain, it's hateful!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    When I had a garage I had to go outside to get into it, I'm sure the neighbours would not have been overjoyed at me streaking into the garage.
    Then again I could always had waved my willie at them :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tal

Tal Active Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Milton Keynes
    Rain's ok it's having to clean the bike that sucks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

BUGS.
    Wet day here, so cleaning bike after yesterday wee run. Just look at the number of bugs.!!! Little bastids. Get in to everywhere. :confounded:
    DSC_0086.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Not being able to pick your nose. Even if you're wearing an open face bone dome you've probably got gloves on. When I was 21 I was riding my bike home one cold morning after a night shift. I saw a car driver coming in the opposite direction, sat in his nice warm car, picking his nose. It was the moment. The moment I decided to sell the bike and get a car.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    can't think of anything i hate about biking, if someone texts me about going a run I'm ready in 2 minutes!:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Getting knocked off!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

A good few years ago a neighbour of mine asked if I would go and test ride an XJ600 for him because he was thinking of buying it :)
    Told him it was a good un and he promptly bought it.....went for a few rides with him and he decided he loved being a biker again :) (born again)
    About a year later he decided he wanted a VFR800 so as I was on the spanners in a local bike workshop I asked about and found one he could do the deal with...all good so far :)
    A few more rides with him now and again and everything is tickety boo :)
    THEN!!!...he decided to do the IAM course which he passed (good for you mate):p
    Next few rides with him and all of a sudden he's a bloody know it all expert :mad: pointing out all my bad habits :confused: and forgetting why people like me ride bikes in the first place.....it's to get away from rules and holier than thou attitudes that seem to be everywhere in life from people who think they're better cos they did a bloody course :mad:
    GRRrrrr!:mad:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  10. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    That's not a comment on biking but on pedantic b******s like me! o_O

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah I didn't have to write all that did I?:confused:
    Could've just put pedantic bloody bikers :worried:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I started the IAM course, lasted 4 lessons. In that time they managed to drag every last small piece of joy from biking. Took me ages to get their 'rules' out of my head.
    Good for some, but I agree with you, biking is my escape, not a profession.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    It is always worse when you have previously known someone when they knew F**k All and then in record time they have become experts and try and ram it down your throat.
    'F**k off silly C**t tha knows F**k all' usually does the trick.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Worrying about running out of fuel on long trips in remote areas.
    (And I'm not referring to the Gobi desert. lol)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Cleaning a bike is not compulsory...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Ever noticed that you can ride all day - but as soon as you raise the visor - the dreaded feeling of a bug in your lid. The dreaded wasp from hell hitches a ride. Lid quickly removed and 6ft 2ins man faffing like a kid to be rid of the monster:mad:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    All the best for the wedding DD :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Several things irretate... that driver who drifts right when you're overtaking... May bugs, late at night, doing that slow middle of the road weave in your headlights before hitting your visor like a B52... other bikers who clearly have seen you nod/wave/flash your aknoledgement, but stay looking forward like "I'm not moving..."

I totally agree with diesel spillage too, however... the worst thing of all has got to be not getting to ride enough.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I did the iam 23 years ago! Within 6 months the guy who put me through it was dead, unexplained bike accident in Europe, and i had an off, totally unavoidable, which put me off riding for 10 years! Still thought I learnt a lot though!
    But to get back on topic, over confidence can be a bit of a bummer!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  20. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Have you noticed how garages make you remove your helmet for the purpose of I.D. but some others can wear full headdress that covers entire face - only eyes on show. That really piddles me off:mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 5
  21. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Yes, a few have started enforcing it now by not turning on the pump until you have removed your helmet.
    When I asked if the ruling applied to all types of head coverings, I was met with a shrug of the shoulders.
    Discrimination against bikers if you ask me, a bit more shite controlling legislation to keep a generally law abiding group in their place.

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Only trouble is Andy, they won't turn the pump on.
    You could get your own hose out and set that off in protest! lol. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  23. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #20 MickEng, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    You might do now!
    Anyway DD, I thought we had all agreed that supermarket fuels and oils were shite and should not be used in beautifully engineered motorcycles.
    Great way of getting free fuel though, might try that in my car wearing my crash helmet.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2