Wish Me Luck .....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adie P, Aug 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I'll be off line from end of play today as I'm heading to Scotland for a holiday - I don't do mobile internet and all that techy stuff!

My wife, the mutt (Moss) and I are going to be walking the West Highland Way ...... hmmmmm....... I should qualify that straight away! My wife and the mutt are going to do the entire length; I'll be dropping them both at various daily trailheads and will then drive round to the planned day's "section" end where I'll park and walk the trail back to meet them, then we all walk to the section end for an overnight stay. I'm hoping to, ultimately, do close to half of the trail at least, but old age and some infirmity might have more of a say in how much I actually do than how much I THINK/HOPE I'll do!

We'll have an extra day and night in Fort William at the end of the walk and will relax a little with an eagerly anticipated ride on The JACOBITE steam train ride up to Mallaig. I'll try to post some pics when I get back.

If anybody has any tips or helpful hints feel free to post them - but they're unlikely to be seen and read if they're posted after midnight tonight!

Time to wish all the workers out there a nice (holiday) weekend and I'll - hopefully - catch you all when I return!

Slainte mhath!

• Like Like x 15
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Good luck mate and enjoy hope the current weather calms down for you.:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Have a good one fella

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Probably too late as the itinerary and accommodation will have been planned but South to North gives you the two steepest climbs up the Devil’s Staircase in Glencoe and heading out of Kinlochleven. Footwear. Something that cushions your soles from coarse lumps of granite. Midges. A bumper year.
    Enjoy?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Sounds like fun, have a good time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Have a good time Adie and stay safe

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Enjoy your 'Holiday' (not sure all that walking fits my description of a holiday! :p), but hope the weather is kind to you in Jockistan :sun:.
    I look forward to some pictures & doubtless a story or two when you return. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Ahhhh, the importance of the Oxford comma.:p

Seriously, though. Good luck and be safe. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Have a good trip Adie:)

Use plenty suntan lotion :joy::joy::joy::p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Enjoy your trip Adie :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    Sounds like a cracking holiday. Enjoy the R&R

Alfie

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Listen to your body. Stay within your limits. But most of all have fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Thanks Callumity - good advice! We're aware of those two climbs and see them bith as part of the challenge! At least they're short and sharp - as far as we can tell. We've both got good footwear - KEEN hiking shoes/boots.

There's nothing much we can do about the dreaded midge but have got as much precautionary stuff (including SMIDGE!) as we can pack and carry. They don't fly in winds above 7mph (we're told) so we're hopeful of a bit of a breeze. Just hope they don't attack the dog!

A wee dram? Och, A'rm no a drinker an' the borss dranks gin so it's nae bortha! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Have a great time, Adie!:)
    Did the Jacobite run a good few years ago - brilliant:D! Don't get grit in your eyes thougho_O, it can smart a bit!
    Beware the midges.:eek: The little buggers love me as much as I hate them! Bastids!!:scream:
    Enjoy.:grinning:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adie P
    Well we might just pass each other as i will be up Glencoe Saturday sometime there for around eight nine days just touring. Do enjoy your holiday.
    Regards & Enjoy.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #16 Adie P, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    How did you get that picture of me? I thought that was deleted many years ago (" I was younger then, so much younger then!"). Will it be Thunderbird or V Strom in Fort WIlliam, @Bikerman ? Oh, and enjoy that NC500 trip. Stay safe and (hopefully) dry. It's on my increasingly untenable bucket list so a report is politely requested, please! :)

I'll look out for you Joe - will you be in the car or on the bike? What do you drive or ride?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1