Sprint GT Wind Noise

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Rtasker, Mar 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I have a 97 Sprint 900, and it has the screen with the flip up at the top edge. I was amazed at just how much wind noise there is (I'm 6'6") tried ducking down which did fook all, so blamed the helmet for being noisy. Well, it was, the new agv is a lot quieter... Anyhoo, found that sitting bolt upright removes a lot of noise, so am looking at a new (presumably standard?) screen.

Anybody bought from these guyses?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-...rentrq:f24e973216d0aa66f617fa66ffff86d6|iid:1

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I wish I was taller than the short-ar*e I am. Love to be able to ride an adventure bike and get two feet down at the lights!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    In keeping with my membership of Peasants United, I have just sourced a standard screen off a breaker on the bay of E, for £24.99 delivered. Will let you know if a difference it makes. Assuming I get my rear spindle sorted out before winter hits k though it was minus 9 here the other night. I think that counts as winter.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    The noise comes from the spilled / spoiled air off the fairing screen ! Most helmets are tested for aerodynamic operation in "clean" air ! is well clear of any object that will disturb or spoil air flow ! So you need to lower the screen or raise the screen , get your helmet in clean air flow or out of air stream !!! ???
    My America had a screen from new , I took it off for a trip (long one Darwin and back) was such an improvement on noise reduction ! I've left the screen off ! Helmet is now in unspoiled air stream !!

• Like Like x 2
  5. hkb1050

hkb1050 New Member

Nov 1, 2019
    North Lanarkshire
    #45 hkb1050, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Done the same to mine, the standard screen is much better, the touring screen looks and acts like a barn door noisy and hideous.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mng

mng New Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Farnham, Surrey
    Coming rather late to the party: I am 5'9" and was disappointed by the buffeting around my head with the 'raised' SE screen. Before I spotted this discussion, I sourced a s/h one on ebay - and it was the best £30 I ever spent. The ride was transformed, and is now much like what I have become used to over 19 years on my VFR800. I am a happy bunny - except I just discovered Sprints can have trouble with reg-rectifiers, just like VFRs C'est la vie!.

• Like Like x 3