wife bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Kradser, Jun 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    The wife has just passed her test. She has been looking for a bike, she likes a couple of triumphs so Ive been hopefull that she would find something I also would like to ride.......
    She found this
    Tina 2.jpeg
    We have to drive over to København to pick it up. Then muggins has to ride it back home to esbjerg, bout 3 1/2 hours ride....
    31 horses, gonna be a wild ride......
    http://www.123mc.dk/suzuki-ls-650/mcid-67841s6

Tina 1.jpeg

Tina 2.jpeg

2. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    You will love it really, riding the cruiser back in shorts, T shirt & flip flops :smile:

3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    congrats to your wife nice bike ,up the cruisers

4. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    It must be love...

5. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Thats Madness! :wink:

Or maybe...... Labi Siffre.

Just saying x :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Still a 3.5 hour ride across Denmark sounds pretty good to be honest, ok your not going to break the land speed record doing it but trying should still should be a blast!!

7. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Im actually looking forward to it. Sort of. Especially as the wife really wants it. Looking forward to riding together, though Ive always thought of time on the bike as MY time, when Im on my bike Im not married, dont have kids, nor du I have a huge mortgage. Freedom time :upyeah: Theres is just me. Ego time with permission :upyeah:

I havent ridden one of those cruiser types for a long time. Maybe 20 yrs. Tried a virago and hated it. :mad: Thought it was the worst bike ever...:frown:
    Be interesting to ride the little LS 650, and it is little....

8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    My wife won't even go on the back now... Probably best as I'd try and flip her off the back given half a chance...
    My bike is my sanctuary freedom and enables me to forget the household chores as ell as wife & kids....
    A good chance to get out with like minded mates.. Happy days....

Then I go home......:frown:

9. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    P1070905.jpg

My wife loves her Street Triple; was her first bike after passing her test last year. I enjoy taking it for a blast but too small for me.

P1070905.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Richard I had one and it's probably one of my fav all round bikes.. Your wife's a lucky woman.... And she has you as well.....

11. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    :biggrin: Ha ha I keep telling her that :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    My wife has expressed an interest in getting a bike ,would be easier to commute to her shop than the car as free parking

13. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Green Speed Triple would make a lovely present for her!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    You not sold that rust bucket yet?

• Like Like x 1
  15. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    God Bry you must be desperate to get rid of your old flame "the green goddess" :biggrin:

16. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    He's got a new red head now... Ginger...

17. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Drove over to København yesterday, to see the little LS 650. Total waste of time:mad:
    Tyres were rotten disk was warped, back brake sticking, just not worth the money. The wife was real sad, but the whole idea was to get something she could ride straight away, not wait for me to get it ready.
    So back on the interweb, didnt take her long she found another. We will have a look at that one this afternoon....
    LS 650 is tiny. Very comfortable, but a bit awkward to ride after the speed. The way the bars are bent in the "wrong" way... Is that why so many put straight bars on cruisers and choppers??

18. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    What a pain in the arse ,I wish people would be more honest when they sell things ,and having a drive to get there ,but glad she has found another :upyeah:

19. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Update on the wife bike. She doesnt like the LS 650 any more :rolleyes:
    Now she likes Virago xv535.
    Tina.jpg
    Got it washed today, came up pretty good. Alot of surface rust, bit deeper on the back wheel, but ok. Will need new fork legs as the pitting has done the seals in.
    Cost 15000 danish kroners. Not a bad price. The deal was... buy a cheap bike to practice/learn on, something that if she fell off wouldnt break the bank. But now she is going crazy, wants to buy all sorts of shit for it :rolleyes:
    Got the new mot today and number plate, no problem :wink: The tester didnt like riding it, neither do I:mad:
    Maybe a bigger cruiser or custom is better, but the virago is a peice of shit. Those bars turned inwards are crap:mad:

Still the important thing is the wife is on 2 wheels and she is really happy. :upyeah:

And as she says, "me and my ugly speed can stick my opinion up where the sun dont shine":eek:

Tina.jpg

20. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Well it looks ok and if she likes it that's ok as well, perhaps after a few months she might want to upgrade it to something it bit better like a Speedmaster or America LOL :upyeah: