Featured Why We Ride

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by pistonbroke, Nov 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. covid-21

covid-21 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2020
    QLD Australia
    Where I currently live is just perfect riding roads every direction. So yes for me it's the pockets of complete emptiness. Then there's the pockets of just flying along like a low level bird. However there's also pockets where I get to rage at the top of my voice. I think it's the low down torque that makes it all work.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Usa
    I ride for safety reasons.
    Not my own safety but everyone around me is much safer since I can go riding to let off some steam

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I showed this movie at a Women's Movie Club night when I hosted. We rotate hosting duties at our once-a-month meet-ups and the person doing the hosting provides food and chooses the movie. My choice to show Why We Ride was quite a departure from the usual movies the other women choose. That said, they all enjoyed it immensely and it made for a lively and inquiring discussion after the movie ended. They even asked to go into the garage to see my bikes. And one woman wanted to sit on a bike and have me start it up. Hmmm, a little recruiting tool?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ColoradoManny

ColoradoManny Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Denver, CO
    Little pockets of peace? Nope. I don't know anyone who reports feels particularly peaceful when they ride. Maybe after a long ride in the mountains, when you get that 1000 yard stare... but not while riding.

I've heard people who do tai chi sometimes talk about how focusing the body and mind on movement with a deep level of detail can bring peace in that it quiets all the noise and allows the signal to come through. That's more it for me, both motorcycling and mountain biking. The level of focus required to ride the way I want tends to quiet down all the other crap floating around in my mind.

Dammit, I just talked myself in circles and now I get what the silly dancing bugger is moaning about. Going to go hang my head in shame now...

• Funny Funny x 1