Why The Gold Forks On The Premiums

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Bret Morey, Jun 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bret Morey

Bret Morey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Alexandria, PA - USA
    Why are all of the forks gold on triumphs premium/performance model? Normally #1 for me is fit for intended function, #2 is overall performance, but #3 is aesthetics (how it looks)

This is in conflict with my stated priorities, so I hate to admit it but... I bought the scrambler 1200 XC over the XE, because of the forks and color choices. I didn't like the blue, and although the white/green would have worked for me, I just couldn't pay that much for a ride with those gold forks. Had to go with the XC to get that sweet green scheme and the black forks. XE would have suited my eventual intended purpose better, since I do plan to take the scrambler off road once it has a few years on it and some scuffs and scratches (it's to pretty to go offroad right now with 5,000 miles on it, but still looking like it just left the showroom floor); but I just couldn't stand the gold legs.

Will someone please tell triumph that I don't like the gold forks? They'd have a bit more of my money right now if it weren't for the gold forks on the XE.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I had a Ducati a few years back with expensive Ohlins forks with gold fork stanchions. The “gold”coloured plating was supposed to be some super hard, low friction Material for improved fork performance. Quite a few bikes have gold stanchions these days. Wether it’s the same performance coating as on the Ohlins or just fashion I’ve no idea.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It is all personal choice mate. There will be as many people out there that love the gold forks as those that hate them.... You pays your money :):):)

4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    It's not all premium bikes, it's mainly on the faux 'classic' range, the premium Speed and Streets have black forks as does the new 900 tiger GT....