Why is my 98 T595 very snatchy under 3k and the 97 Sprint 900 wasn't

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gus, Aug 24, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gus

Gus Member

Aug 6, 2014
    As the title says....I was out yesterday and found this, if I keep above 3 grand it's fine, but below it's hellish, I'm used to being in 5th or 6th with my other bike (99 Bandit 12) and the Sprint, both could sit easy in top and these revs, but maybe it's the way the t595 is geared, either that something worn/broke/needing adjusted (yes the chain was the first ting is did, wasn't out much anyway)

I've goggled it and found some mentioning t/b adjustment and that that can cause bad snatchyness, I'm also going to put an injector cleaner though it and will check the plugs tomorrow, if buggered looking will new ones, infact will probably get new ones anyway as it's been sitting a while

It got a good 40 mile blast yesterday though but didn't help

2. Gus

Gus Member

Aug 6, 2014
    There's not much point in asking anything here now, it rarely get looks never mind answers, oh well

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    #3 SteveJ, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Gus

The T595 is EFI where as the 900 had carbs and although not as efficient as EFI they don't tend to go as wrong :rolleyes:

Sorry been away for a bit. Right two things, firstly has the bike been re mapped and by who? These can go wrong, the one I have just sold was re mapped by Dynotech in Basingstoke and it made a heck of the difference to the bike.
    More or less what happened is that the previous owner tried to re map the bike and the download failed making the bike revert to a base map which was awful.

The air fuel ratio is meant to be 12 to 14 and at 3500 revs on the old map it was showing 18 which is miles out.

Also check that the fuel tank overfill drains are clear as they do tend to get blocked at the alloy joints.

Might also be worth looking at your valve clearances while you are at it as these do tend to close up on the inlets as well.

Hope this is of help.

Steve J

4. Gus

Gus Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Just saw this.....it's the955 and you're right with injection, I don't know if there's any diffirent maps on it, I got the lonelec cable but no bloody laptop jut now to try/use it on. And don't know when the valves ect were last done, I've got a lot of receipts ect but none saying that

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    I don't know where you are based but ask around a local bike spots and see if you can find a good tuner / Dyno place to get you bike checked.

Also explain to them that you want a bike that is very smooth to ride with a flat torque curve and that you are not interested in getting the biggest horsepower possible out of the bike as I take it the bike is being used on the road instead of the track..

Get the valves done as if you are overfuelling then you are going to have unburnt fuel getting past the engine rings and contaminating your engine oil. The end result of which is very expensive.

Cheers

Steve