Who's Going To Be Watching.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tiglet, May 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Didn’t watch the show, don’t know the format of the judging/voting etc or how many songs / entries there were but was our song really that bad or was it some huge conspiracy to get us into the final (how?) then nobody at all vote for us?

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Have to say it was a very poor offering.

3. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

"Brexit aside, the UK’s ongoing refusal to put even a modicum of effort into the song and act it sends to the contest continues to pay dividends – if those dividends are valued in an embarrassingly low score."

Sounds completely believable. We just keep blaming Johnny Foreigner because we're crap. Didn't watch it, I got this gut feeling it might just be a load of old bollocks. ;):)

4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I have been half heartedly reading this thread with a modicum of ‘couldn’t give a shit’ but then @Smilinjack it dawned on me. Something someone said many posts ago. No country actually wants to win. It’s a burden to host and quite probably fcuking embarrassing to boot.

On this basis I think our UK entry has been a resounding success. Just musical enough to be called a tune but enough of a cacophony to assure we lose (therefore win).

Genius.

Just don’t tell Johnny Foreigner or they will each give us 12 points. Spiteful bastards…

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Do you know Cybor, I think you've jolly well hit that pointy thing right on the bonce.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Heard a little snippet of (useless) information this morning on the Chris Evans show. Apparently we chuck a load of cash at the Eurovision Song Contest and that gives us a “bye” (is that spelled right?) into the final!
    So let’s get this right. We pay to get to the final, as do others, then get shat on.
    Personally I’d rather we didn’t bother but I know that won’t happen.

PS I still don’t give a flying f-€|> about it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I do hope that no inanimate pointed metal fixings or percussive hand tools were harmed in the making of that post. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    We pay so automatically get in.
    That's why Israel and Australia are also included! :cool:

10. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Israel and Australia? My geography isn’t up to much but are they now in Europe?

They should rename the event. Maybe the “any bugger can playavision song contest”.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Who actually pays the money? Is it tax payers or the BBC (therefore also tax payers)?

12. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    and the winner is a band that looks like a cheap copy of Rammstein, and the second is the french lady that copy all codes from Edith Piaf. So cliché.. someone should tell them music proposed a lot of fresh stuff since Edith Piaf (eurk)

• Like Like x 1
  13. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw

• Like Like x 1