Featured Whoo Hoo, Retired At Last.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by David Cooper, Sep 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    Congratulations , I'm coming up on 2 years , it's a LOT different than I thought. The best part , more time to RIDE !

• Like Like x 2
  2. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I haven't got a dog yet, but I'm still going for nice long walks everyday to keep myself reasonably fit, I won't ever miss going to work again as I hated every single second of being there,and the weather is terrible so can't go out for a ride, but it's nice not to get woken up by an alarm clock each morning.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    I see we don't have a 'jealous' emoji available, otherwise I'd be using it ;-)

DS

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    David: One of the hardest parts of retirement is the wintertime, when the weather keeps me in. Last winter was just plain nasty ! This summer I installed forced air heat in my garage so I can get out there and do something. The garage has a big window so I can look out while I'm working and see what I am missing. Stay active or you die ! I'm pushing 74 [next month]…J.D.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    You shouldn’t believe Albert Hammond.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Rain,hail or snow, I'll still be out for a walk, l have all my winter clothing and boots ready, as it's been said we'll have a bad winter this year, the best time for me is walking over the fields on fresh snow so you can see all the animal tracks.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I would not call it harsh. We are in one of the interior regions, away from the coast. Even get a light dusting of snow every 4-5 years. Lots of wind. ...J.D.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    I live 800 miles from the nearest large body of water that tempers the climate. Weather extremes here are normal my garage/workshop/man cave will be heated and cooled. Some may consider this overkill. But my body cannot acclimate very well to the 130 degree yearly temperature swing range. 80 f. one day, 30 f. the next day with snow. That being said, i sieze every opportunity to ride and just check out of the office early if possible.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    A bad day walking in the rain is better than a good day at work!! :D

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I would LIKE to agree, but there are days I walk like a three legged horse. Especally when it is cold out. 50 years of working for a living has taken it's toll. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nasher

Nasher Member

May 24, 2018
    West Yorkshire
    Enjoy your retirement pal I’ve been retired about 4/5 years now not so great health wise but hey can still walk my two dogs and enjoy my 2017 speed triple love it I could have had the new rs but thought I would let new engine settle in
    Plus I preferred the gunmetal grey and red frame best ever bike might have a new rs next time if I like it
    Have a good one fellas

• Like Like x 4
  12. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Have today decided to retire two years earlier than planned at 58. Had my final salary transfer quote through and it was £200k more than I thought!! I was dancing round the living room lol
    Still have mortgage but have worked out can afford it. Cant buy time as they say

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

My sister is into rescue dogs too - I think there will be soon an industry to Pre-own dogs before passing them on to be rehoused. Hers have all turned out to be neurotic.

Our preference is to take dog or cat at source and save the misfortune of the lovely little critters getting a bad time in the first place and thus having to be rehomed.

Just a thought.

Best also to get a pet that fits in with your lifestyle and activity level. No point getting a one year old hyper active border collie if they won’t get walked or stimulated. Bad news for all concerned.

Great ur retiring - I’m looking forward to it too!

Good luck on your new adventure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    337 days left for me!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congratulations, SleepyOwl! That is terrific new--both the retirement and the big fat £200k "bonus" you didn't know you were getting. Enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Timothy Peters

Timothy Peters Senior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Palatine, IL USA
    3-1/2 years for me. Not want to wish life a way but hopefully these years will be easy ones.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good luck mate, enjoy being able to decide how and what you will do as each day presents its self to you...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Anywhere from 0-2455 days for me, only determined by when I stop enjoying what I do :p:p

• Like Like x 3
  19. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Have a long, enjoyable and healthy retirement @SleepyOwl

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Been retired (officially!) two and a half years now and never cease to be amazed/delighted that money is still coming in (pensions/translations/consultancy), which is a good job when I see the bar bill from my mate's surprise birthday party last night !!!!

• Like Like x 3