Who Might This Be???

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by R_1000, Aug 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    The Helper - One of our members???? :)

2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Rhetorical question?
    Yep, clue's in the flash title. :)
    Unfortunately the Speedy's seen a similar fate I believe.
    Sure he'll be along shortly.

3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    A moment later...twas I :)

Yep, poor bloke skidded on the white paint. A year or so later not far up the road from there, and Audi cut accross me and financially wrote off my bike...it has been bought by a bloke in Aylesbury who is putting back on the road

I always help when I can, in my bag is a puncture repair kit and fuel transfer line, I noticed a guy yesterday on the other side of the motorway waiting next to his bike on his phone, so I turned round at the next junction and pulled up to see if I can help...he was only waiting for his mate to catch up : unamused: but he was pleased I did stop to help...

• Like Like x 6
  4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I picked up a guy who was stood beside his broken down bike on the M6 2 weeks ago and ended up giving him a lift to Lancaster services as there was no coverage on his phone, Lashing down it was - Glad I was in the car at the time, was bringing the Trophy home at the time.

Always good to be able to help, you never know when it will be you that's stuck !

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    You're a hero, regular good Samaritan. :)
    I've stopped to help a few times (and been the receiver of help once - well it was SWMBO's lic plate hanger that had fractured and ended up dangling around the back wheel - and no tools to hand).
    But I've ridden on by many times too, assuming they're ok (usually on they're mobile).
    I've often thought we should have some sort of coded hand signals to save each other faffing about when not needed or conversely when we could do with some help.
    I usually give a thumbs up if stopped at side of road just to tell passing bikers I'm ok.
    Maybe a thumbs down if you're begging for some help?
    Obviously when an accident it's pretty obvious to stop.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I also carry a 4" LED warning triangle that I can use if I break down...should give a clue I need a hand :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Puncture Repair....oh how much I was wishing for one on Saturday. I was on my R1 hitting some silly speeds in Aylesbury B4032. Approcahed a left hand bend still gunning and moving towards the middle lane and BANG....everything goes tits up. My rear tire blew. Eventually came to a stop after a big battle with the bike. 1st thing I had to check was whether I crapped my pants:worried:. I have no idea how I made that bend. Pure luck is what I will say

Pulled out my mobile to call the RAC and no signal. Middle of nowhere and nowhere to safely park the bike, decided to push the bike. Half a mile up the road took me 30 mins+ :(. By this time I was more worried about my heart :worried:. Eventually got one bar signal and called the RAC. This happened at around 6:30PM.....RAC came at 10:20PM.

I was going to plug the tire then decided to replace it with a new one. I have asked the tire shop to plug the punctured tire from inside and keep it as a spare as this tire Metzlers M7RR only has around 500 miles on them from new:(. Probably put it on eBay and let them know it's punctured & now plugged and sell it on for £70. But 1st I need the tire shop to tell me it is safe otherwise I am binning it.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    ^^^ I must say 5 bikers stopped to ask if I was ok but none of them had a puncture repair kit. One of the guy even offered to go get some food for me. Brother in Arms. One of the reason I love biking.....the community....support and ofcourse the thrill of motorcycling ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Puncture kit is the one thing I do keep under the seat (+Triumph tool kit which is next to useless) - just leaves room for disk lock and wallet, then I've run out of space.
    Pack a bit more if going away for a few days, bluetooth OBD dongle and TuneECU app on the phone is worth carrying too IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    ^^ I do have a stop n go puncture repair kit with an added small compressor. Unfortunately there is no space under the R1 seat cowl :-(. I need to figure a way to carry it.

11. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Col_C, did you say there is room under your seat for your wallet? Surely shome mishtake:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Good on yer RT, certainly didnt deter him as he set off filtering again at a fair old lick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Think it's empty apart from the moths. ;)

14. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Can't get sweet fa under mine as the scotoiller feed has been put there.

15. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
  16. Mountie

Mountie New Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Stoke on Trent
    Good on ya RT. Didn't notice any car drivers stopping to check he was okay?! A fair does to the lad getting straight back on and away filtering. Not sure if I'd do the same!