Which Map ?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by tcbandituk, Jan 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Regarding the greyed out tests, from memory some become available when you start the bike. (could be wrong, but won't damage the bike to check it)

2. Emlin

Emlin New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Undefined
    I uploaded a TTP map when I fit my 2-1... The best 100£ I ever spent...
    Great performance and fuel consumption...

IMG_0088.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hi Nick. Hope you are well. Yes still running those Hyde togas. Still loving them too. I miss the popping and banging since removing the ai system. Had to do it though. The backfire when starting while warm was frightening small children and those of a nervous disposition.
    Haven't a clue what map I'm running currently. Will definitely try 20505, looks perfect for the togas. Will have to get my son round and try again with tuneecu. See if he can spot where I'm going wrong with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi JJ
    the standard map on the bike is on the sticker on the side of the ecu behind the battery just lift it out a little no need to disconnect it and take a look thats of course if the bike has never been flashed with a different one tune ecu is fairly easy to use its a shame you live in the midlands if you were nearer I would of sorted it out for you follow that tutorial that I posted back in this thread and you cant go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Thanks Nick. Ecu is showing map 20731. As you say anything could have been downloaded before I got the bike.
    If I can't sort it myself, will pm you :p

6. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    No worries heres a list of the OEM maps not sure what year your bike is when you connect to tune ecu the map on the ecu will show up on the software
    http://www.tuneecu.com/Twin_OEM_Tune_list.html

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    Hi guys,
    I've a 2011 T100 which has been causing me some angst. When I hit 5400 rpm it chugs, the engine management light comes on until i let off the throttle. Is this a mapping issue?

My current map is 20507.

Thanks in advance
    Ray

8. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi Ray,
    how is the bike setup TORS pipes AIS removed hi flo filter ect as the 20507 is the tors map i believe from past experiences,

9. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    Hi,

AIS removed
    02 removed
    Snorkel removed
    Standard filter fitted
    TORS fitted

Before and after doing this I've had the problems I described. Max revs 5400rpm and the speedo drops to zero. So my max speed is 80mph.

I did connect via tuneecu to my bike buy I didn't get any data though I got the map details.

10. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Ok so I’ve had this stuff going on in the early days of messing with my bike you have a fault stored there have you put a resistor in or left the air valve attached you need to clear the fault basically if it is that PM me I might be able to help

11. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    When I got my bike last July it only had just over 1k on it! Other than the Tors it was bog standard until I made the mods this week.

When I've put it on tune ECU no errors show.

12. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    When I got my bike last July it only had just over 1k on it! Other than the Tors it was bog standard until I made the mods this week.

When I've put it on tune ECU no errors show.

13. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Check the pipes tubes ect assuming it’s EFI if not did it run ok before the remap like if not flash the ecu again

14. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    The existing rpm problem predates any mods. I was hoping they would sort the issue.

15. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Ah right so there is another issue that will probably be beyond the realms of Tune ecu there will always be a reason for it but I can’t help you with that one might be slipped timing or similar possibly electrical I hope you get it sorted

16. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    One other thought there is a provision within the tune ecu software to up the revs from 8000 to 8500 check that it’s not limiting your bike ie to 5500

17. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    Thanks for your help. I'm hoping that for whatever reason it is the setting on the ECU. I'll have to put it back on the computer and see if I can actually read the map this time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    All I can say is with tune ecu let it connect give it time then download your saved desired tune to be honest the tors tune ran bad for me too rich so I went to the TTP option no problems now as it disabled the AIS and 02 within the map also enables you to alter the Rev limits

19. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    The only map I have is the one currently installed. I'll try to see the map and see what the deal is with the rpm.

20. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    You can still download and use other maps from tune ecu even though the site is no longer updated like try putting the standard tune back on the bike will run fine on that one