Where was my Speed born?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by gav, Nov 20, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gav

gav New Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Were they all made at Hinckley? She's a 2011

2. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    I have seen a website before where you can enter your vin number & it deciphers it which tells you the place of manufacture.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    I think all the casting is done in Thailand now and the assembly and stuff is done at Hinckley .... Then again I could be wrong ( and as far as the wife is concerned I usually am anyway) :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    I am fairly sure the Speed, Street and Rockets are built in Hinkley; did two tours of the factory 2010 an 2012 and they were hanging on the production line then. Also when I bought my Speed in 2012 I was assured by Pidcocks Triumph that it was built (assembled) in Hinkley

• Like Like x 1
  5. Acko

Acko New Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Derby
    Hi,
    As I understand it all the Speeds and Streets are made in Thailand at the moment, but assembly is returning to Hinckley later this year. I was told they make the Adventurers, Bonnie's, Rockets at Hinckley at the moment.

6. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Two tours? ****! I did one, never again...

7. Acko

Acko New Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Derby
    I spend a bit of time in factory 1 and 2 at Hinckley with work, I will be in next week so I will find out what models are made where just to clear this up, from the horses mouth as it were....watch this space.

8. MeanGreen

MeanGreen New Member

Jan 13, 2014
    I think triumph need to think carefully about where they are making bikes- a huge part of their marketing strategy is based upon it being a British brand. Union flags feature prominently in most brochures.

However the Hinckley factories appear to be outnumbered by far eastern production facilities and while this source of very cheap labour may undoubtedly make sound business sense in the current ways of thinking, I can't help but think that brands such as Harley Davidson and Ducati are more careful about protecting their heritage-with good reason.

Maybe Triumph thinks no one cares or notices....

9. Acko

Acko New Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Derby
    Assembly of the Speed and Street Triple will return to Hinckley this month, the Bonnie's will be assembled in Thailand.