Thruxton Where To Put The 'toolkit'

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Dave Roxburgh, Jul 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Roxburgh

Dave Roxburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    My dealer handed me the toolkit and said it went under the seat. The toolkit was just two C spanners in a branded bag. There's nowhere to put it under the seat unless I just drop it in the compartment in the underside of the seat but then it will just rattle around. Is it supposed to go under the seat? How is it supposed to be secured?

Cheers,
    Dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dave Roxburgh.
    Welcome to the family. Do drop us all a picture of the steed. I though the tool kit strapped to the seat base. But if you can find a space just wrap it in some cloth and put in there. All my bike I remove the tool kits any way. You find they are so basic you can't use them anyway.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy
    Joe.

3. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    mine is where the dealer said it goes. it's not much use but with modern bikes even getting to the spark plugs is a big job. I've added an alarm bypass plug to my toolkit and it sure came in handy a few weeks ago or I would have been stranded miles from home. Triumph have replaced the alarm with a new one so fingers crossed , except when riding, I don't need to use it again.

4. 2Fast

2Fast Thrux ton-up

Feb 25, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    The 'box' under the seat is great for my sarnie when commuting, nothing else!! :D

5. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Mine only came with an Allen key in the side panel, I never got a tool kit:sob: