Rideout Where has everyone been out and about on there bikes today

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Steven Carter, Mar 25, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Steven Carter

Steven Carter Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Middlesbrough
    Just wounderd if anyone had been anywhere today on there bikes. Me and the wife went to Whitby, traffic was mental good job we where in two wheels. And yes had fish and chips but in the restaurant this time :D weather was brilliant. Been a very productive day.

image.jpeg

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    drove home from Hull today, not on the bike, boo, an artic had squashed a car on the North side of the M18, pity the poor buggers queued up behind it, they must have had to have waited for hours. no one hurt by the looks of it

3. Steven Carter

Steven Carter Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Middlesbrough
    Hope everyone is ok.

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Breakfast at Loomies and a 2 hour ride around. Lots of bikes out while the sun was shining!
    Too many cars though - M3 was solid heading south when I crossed it and two accidents on the A34 on the way back home.

2016-03-25 10.39.48.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Sounds a bit dangerous Steve - take good care of yerself.

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Cheers Dave -you too.

7. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Due to the marvellous weather and slowly repairing wrist I was in the garage giving the S/Master a pre-MOT once over and running it up to charge the battery. ;)

8. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Been bloody nowhere!:(:(

9. Steven Carter

Steven Carter Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Middlesbrough
    Weather is going to be terrible the rest of the weekend :(. Atleast had a good ride out Friday.

10. Steven Carter

Steven Carter Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Middlesbrough
    There was a rally for the mopeds at Whitby. Couldent move for them lol.

11. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Over the last 4 days I've been london to hull back to london over to Gloucester up to Leeds and going back to london, all in the car!! Loved every mile of it NOT!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    #12 Scoot65, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    I think you'll find that it was the Easter National SCOOTER Rally. Most of the rally going scooterists put in a huge amount of miles in a year, riding the length and breadth of the UK and also attending rallies across Europe…………. A lot more than some 'weekend motorcyclists' would do per year.
    All of that done on machines that were not designed to be used for long distance touring (granted the modern Vespa GTS300s are mile munchers).

I myself, have been attending National (and International) scooter rallies since the early 1980's.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Rode from Kyle of Lochalsh up to Ullapool, stopped for a brew and some cake. Then Rode over to Drumnadrochit next to Loch Ness, had another brew, Rode threw hailstones down to Fort Augustus then down to Fort William for our overnight stop.
    202 miles, 2 up, snow on the hills, bloody cold, sunshine and freezing showers, but a great day on the bike

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i was thinking about you yesterday and today and hoping you'd miss the rain, we've had a lot of heavy showers in between the sunshine today bit i think it's going to rain free tomorrow so should be a good run home for you :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    I'd ride that stretch of road every day if I could..... lovely part of the world, never tire of it :)

Very jealous but hopefully i'll get out for a run tomorrow myself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

All great roads, but the surface is very poor now. Surface dressing is now breaking down and patches of shiny tarmac with no chips!!! Not fun in the wet.

Just Rained all day Saturday, bloody awful. Today was better, even saw dry roads at one point!!! Lol. sunshine mostly, but rain was so cold. Still a great road.

17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Next best colour to blue,....silver!!:p:p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    They've got until mid June to sort the roads out as that's when we'll be up there on tour lol.

Mates are coming up from Bracknell and there's a few rideouts planned along the -

https://www.northcoast500.com/home.aspx

19. Steven Carter

Steven Carter Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Middlesbrough
    I'm after the side panniers for my triumph tiger 800 2011 and fixing kit. Can anyone help ! Thanks.

20. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You want the wanted section I think steve