When Is A Bike Too Heavy?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Beerman, Dec 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jay ryder

Jay ryder Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Australia
    No I haven't. I'm a late developer, and only decided to get my bike licence after retiring. So my only experience is riding my Yamaha MT-07, but I have lusted after the T120 because it represents the perfect image of the bikes I salivated over as a youngster. I wasn't allowed to ride one until a few days ago, but a few weeks ago I was in the Triumph showroom and put my name down for the Speed Twin. Whilst waiting for my licence, I had had a few worries about the T120: was it too heavy? Tubed tyres OK? stories of wiring loom problems? Then the Speed Twin was announced: lighter, tubeless tyres, LED lights and indicators - it seemed it was the T120 with my worries removed. However, since placing my deposit I have come full circle, and for me the T120 still looks like my dream bike. So I plan to test ride both, to see how they feel. Sorry, that was not a quick answer :-0

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Cyborgbot all your searching for a future Mrs Tigger may be over, have a look at a couple of candidates in the link. There’s Bad Billy on page1 or if your not fussy Dozers Dad on page2 :laughing:

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/back-to-work.16893/

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Blimey! :worried: I know we live in modern times where being unsure of your sexuality is now mandatory (In my unenlightened days, if in doubt, you were told to take a glance in ur underpants and see if you had a innie or outie) - those pictures of our own forum ladyboys are enough to give me PTSD! They blame the 'look' on an app - hahaha - I recon it was just an average day and that's what they look like all the time :p:joy:

The seeing the link I was rather hoping for a picture of Megan Fox (as in the Celebs on Bikes thread)... I should have known better!

Thank you very much for your help in finding the future Mrs Tigger but I'd like to ensure she confirms to all classical definitions of the word Mrs - I also need to deal with the current Mrs Tigger - pity you can't PX them like cars and bikes!

Just imagining the words on the advert for the current Mrs Tigger - one owner, a bit rough and temperamental, but hardly ever ridden...

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

And ffs don't show this to Mrs Tigger as I am already in the dog house!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Mike in NH

Mike in NH Member

May 17, 2018
    New Hampshire
    Yeah those farm girls are a lot stronger than they look...;)

6. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    oooooo arrrrrrrrrrr

7. Stacy Simpkins

Dec 24, 2018
    Brandon Florida
    I love the lbs on my S3! Makes it super easy to quick flip in corners and handles great in parking lots too. A bike is too heavy when it feels that way and the best way to determine is to go sit on some bikes and move side to side and you can feel the lb with your calves and thighs

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Don't let our real pimp see this attempt at hijacking his main source of income Tiglet, MrO can be quite violent you know!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    WTF! :mad: :idea::idea::idea:Guildford not far for me to pop round for a personal appearance so you can see for yourself what I look like when I am pi$$ed off! :eek:

Stop hiding you big ole pussycat ... only kidding :D:grinning::laughing::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    In my defence I was only trying to help out what appeared to me to be frustrated forum member, Cyborgbot.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Yes, just dealt with Cyborgbot ...
    But @MrO can be pretty unforgiving, hopefully he hasn't been forced into any more shopping trips as that seems to really boil his piss!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#72 Cyborgbot, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2019
    I bet you look just as pretty when angry!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Just got back from a run to Bury Hill (Arundel). One of my friends (yes I have one) managed to mistake his XJR1300 for his Discovery and fill it with Diesel!

Oh, how we laughed!

Everyone at the cafe was very helpful and interested to know why we had stripped the bike.

It did make a bit of smoke on the way back - kind of like the red arrows display team!

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Easy done is that........

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

True. He’s made a good start with his entry for most stupidest thing done in 2019 - not bad for only day 2. We’re a competitive lot so won’t let him keep the title for long!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Watch to the very end.

it's a Honda NC750X

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Thats called a Diesel de-coke ............. my R1100RT ran better after I did that and the smoke cleared away .............:blush::blush::blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Interesting that folks here have observed an improvement in the running of their bikes post diesel incident. The XJR1300 apparently seems now a lot smoother...

Not sure I’d try it on my little Tigger until some of you have tried it first

19. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Just dont try it on a bike with carbs, as the diesel lies in the bottom of the tank and would require a carb strip to clear it out, seems to work within reason on fuel injected stuff though.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

DD, what do you use as a treatment (for fuel)? There is a lot of antagonistic debate from the ayes and nays about using addatives. Diesel as an additive makes a bit of sense as it has a higher energy density than petrol (11%) - so might give a bit more poke - but could need an engine re-mapped for advanced/retarded. Plus it acts as a lubricant. Although mixed in v small volumes with regular unleaded might not add much power at all. I wonder what is in other fuel addatives. I feel a google search coming on...

Sorry about derailing the “is my bike too heavy” discussion. Mine is, but only when I am on it! Too many pies apparently...