Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    Not actually FOR my Triumph, but Triumph related.

About the size of a dinner plate and made of cast iron. Found it on Etsy. Now on my garage door.

Bonnie.PNG

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    #122 Mrs Visor, Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    Today I took delivery of my first set of leathers, they fit really well (already swapped when the first set were the wrong size) and feel like lovely quality. NO pink, NO pastel colours, NO flowers and a nice, sporty design along with a good cut for women :). A departure from my usual rule of all black, but I really like them.

Sportsbikeshop offered amazing service as per usual, I sent back the set that didn't fit free of charge, they dispatched the set that they were sending in exchange about two hours after they received the return yesterday and they arrived today. A VERY stark contrast to the bike shop @Helmut Visor and I visited last weekend - I asked if they had any leathers to be patronised by repeated questions about what I could possibly want them for and how no one wore them anymore. To add insult to injury I was offered a horrible set of low safety trousers with the rationale that "ladies like them as they don't give you a saggy backside like leathers". I wasn't asked if I even rode a bike and completely dismissed right from the outset, it was like stepping back in time :mad:.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.58.39.png

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.58.51.png

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.59.09.png

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.59.21.png

• Like Like x 11
  3. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Held gear's top notch y115.gif .
    And the Sportsbike shop can't be beaten for service too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    +1 on Sportsbikeshop prices, service and support.

"A VERY stark contrast to the bike shop @Helmut Visor and I visited last weekend - I asked if they had any leathers to be patronised by repeated questions about what I could possibly want them for and how no one wore them anymore. To add insult to injury I was offered a horrible set of very low safety trousers with the rationale that "ladies like them as they don't give you a saggy backside like leathers". I wasn't asked if I even rode a bike and completely dismissed right from the outset, it was like stepping back in time :mad:."

Name and shame? It's worse than annoying when anyone tells you what THEY have decided that you want or need ........ especially if it's misogynistic!

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Helmet City Cheltenham. It was put right when @Helmut Visor went back in for something he hadn't decided upon that day when I was at work and spoke to a different person working there about the experience who apologised, gave him some bike wash for me by way of apology and said he would have a word. I had specifically said from the outset that I wanted a set of two piece leathers that zipped together, not jeans (I have riding jeans, they're what I have used so far when it's not textiles weather) which is what I was being pushed towards and not with the main criteria being that my backside looked it's best in them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    #126 speedrattle, Feb 26, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    congratulations on the eathers. you wont regret them.

women dont have as much choice of leathers as men. when my daughters were shopping for racing leathers we were told that while mens leathers covered the entire range of uses from posturing to hardcore racing, womens were either pink fringy things for riding bitch behind their husband, or hardcore expensive racing only.

we also had the problem of the initial sales people wanting to steer us toward inappropriate selections. the class we race in specifies no aerodynamic aids, which includes the streamlining hump on the shouldsers. we kept telling the salespeople that we did NOT WANT A HUMP because it wasnt legal for our LSR class, but he kept telling us that it was what all the racers used . . . not.

anyway, we finally ordered what we needed, but there wasnt much of a price option. i think we paid US$1100 for a set of womens leathers that fit one girl and were a little long for the other. only a 180-degree zipper connecting jacket and pants, but that was legal for the venue we were at -- loring timing association-- so it was okay.

no back protector. but otherwise its completely satisfactopry. cant remember the brand.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think they look great and it sounds like they are perfect for you, @Mrs Visor. Would love to see a photo of you in your new leathers on your Street Triple sometime!

It also sounds like Sportsbikeshop has excellent customer service....UNLIKE the bike shop you and @Helmut Visor visited last week (hopefully for the last time). Holy moly. "Ladies like them as they don't give you a saggy backside like leathers"??? :p:mad: I'm so disgusted and discouraged that this attitude persists. Sometime I'll share my experience with you about the service department of the dealership where I bought my Low Rider S. As you said, it felt like I'd stepped back in time. Soooo patronizing and unprofessional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    The lack of decent bike kit with the equivalent functionality and safety rating (at the same price points) as men for women has rapidly become one of my bugbears; I have felt the same about most sports kit for years when competing / training, so I don't know why I didn't expect the same from bike kit!

Then, as you say, lots of male sales people like to tell you what you need - I appreciate good advice from anyone and will gladly listen and consider it all, but it's awful being talked down to. The assumption is always that you're pillion as well.

Your daughters sound brilliant!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    What is really sad @Sandi T is that every woman has stories like this (multiples), but at least the frequency of these experiences is getting less as times change.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #130 Octoberon, Feb 26, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    I haven’t seen that brand before they look really nice. I had my eye on a similar black/red/white combo when I bought mine Dainese leathers last year. It is a shame that ladies aren’t as well covered, so to speak. I hope things improve as more women demand decent gear.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    they both hold records in thjis association in the 250 class on the little ninja--both above 108 mph in dfferent classes. the son does as well.

i keep going down on teeth on the final drive sprocket and they keep hitting the rev limiter. the machine peaks at 14000 rpm and theyre up there every time, flat out.

good leathers are an investment. mine serve a dual purpose-- they protect my fat ass when i race, and also force me to lose weight every year to be able to get into them.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Bought a KOVIX alarm disc lock, partly in response to the theft of Pegscrapers bike outside the supermarket, and cos it’s easier to carry than my big lock and chain. It’s a sturdy beast but the alarm isn’t overly loud :confused:
    Ordered it from Sporstbikeshop at 17.30, email @ 18.00 to say it’s despatched :eek:, arrived at 09.13 ( bang in the allotted delivery window) so big up Sportsbikeshop and DPD.

• Like Like x 6
  13. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Well, the garage doors that burst into pieces during the last two storms are a write-off and typically they're a non standard size, so I just can't buy a new set, waiting list for non standard size is 6-7 weeks and +50% and the house is sold so I've had to buy timber and marine grade ply and knock some up...over the best weekend so far in '22 when i could be riding, bollocks!..timber has also risen 50% since 1st of January and its pissing down tomorrow. First World problems compared to Ukraine right now so I should stop moaning.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#134 Golgotha, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2022
    Got a deal on a carbon Nexx Racer. Read the reviews and most agreed that they're pretty quiet compared to the Bell Bullitt. The Bullitt is noisy. You pretty much need to wear plugs or buds to acceptably reduce racket. Really cool looking lid, but that's about it. The chin guard is a bit too thin on the Bullitt too. Field of view is unobstructed but I think I'd prefer more face protection.

As soon as I get home I'll do a quick review.

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 10.03.20 AM.png

• Like Like x 4
  15. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

(edit) They're legit European-made as well,… Portugal, not Chinese like the Bullitt which I was pretty disappointed by.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    This was waiting for me when I got home from work an hour ago....managing to resist the urge to get stuck in with it tonight!!

PXL_20220329_182814724.jpg

PXL_20220329_183824772.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  17. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Well you asked for it...dull but my clutch cable gaiter disappeared somewhere, triumph want stupid money for a replacement so I tracked down this, £3.25 for 3, yes they're off a lambretta, but it fits perfectly so happus iawn. Apologies to the visors for dragging the thread down. 20220329_112309.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. kiloechoxray

kiloechoxray Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Houston Texas
    Been rebuilding a second set of wheels so I have a set for street and a set for the track, so I bought rotors. From this place

https://tarazon.com/

We'll see....

• Like Like x 2
  19. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    I just bought this nice item for our living room.

T120.jpg

A bit bigger.

Bild_T120.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  20. TheBeardedPunk

TheBeardedPunk Senior Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Belgium
    Just bought a proper riding shirt to wear at the DGR. Proper as in AA-rated, so I can feel confident wearing it during hot weather rides in summer as well.

• Like Like x 4