Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Sandi !!!. It is of course a tool for sharpening knives made by the German company Freidrich Dick.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    No!!! Don't encourage me, Sandi :p

I probably shouldn't ask, but how many do you have?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Of course I'm going to encourage you, @learningtofly! That's what friends are for. :kissing_heart: Besides, it makes me feel a bit better about my own expansive motorcycle jacket collection. And no, you shouldn't ask. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I bet it’s more than the amount of bikes you own… by a multiple of 3!!!!

;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Keep counting…. :eek::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    The locking, stock gas cap on the Speedy is nice, but I hate fiddling with the little rotating door on top of it, then inserting and turning the key to unlock it. At my age I just want things to be uncomplicated, simple. I decided to get a replacement. Just a plain, chrome, screw-on type cap.

The chart on the shop's site on EBAY assured me the cap I chose would fit my 2018 Speedmaster.

Easy, no? NO!

It came today. Of course, it didn't fit. Different thread pitch and the threads on the replacement are thicker. I requested a refund. I got a reply from the seller asking for photos of the problem.

WTF?! IT DOESN'T FIT you stupid &%*@!!!!! :mad:

Threads.jpg Nope.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Bastids

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    The replacement rear disc arrived (TPP supplied at cost,:) as Free Spirits said it was over warranty), but no pads (sent this week, but will arrive after Xmas) :weary_face:

80D6A276-EF61-4676-AB8B-B59AC56AF601.jpeg

I see they now have adhesive on the cir-clips, looking forward to reduced play and rattle in the rear :cool:

95BFCA91-7BC3-4F85-97BE-D1AE48544846.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    That looks like a 916/996 brembo front calliper?
    If so, wowsa!

10. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Postscript:

After sending the photos to the seller, they sent a reply to the effect, they'd refund me $5 and I could try to sell the gas cap myself.

Again, WTF?!

I replied that I couldn't sell the gas cap if I wanted to, because I have no way of knowing what motorcycle it might fit. Their chart was incorrect regarding my bike. How many others are wrong?

I said I wanted a refund.

They agreed.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Picked it up yesterday and finally got to get-it-on in the twisties!
    Fanfawkintastic!!
    Photos, then worked on those chicken strips...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  12. These grips will make the turns feel even more 'planted'.
    While I didn't want to cover the two greys and red paint on the rear sides of the tank, it seems a design anomaly.
    I prefer the cleaner look, now. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I much prefer it without the design covered as I think it's beautiful and flows with the rest of the Union Jack design, but if you prefer it, that is absolutely what counts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    You asked for thoughts so here goes......WHAT WERE YOU THINKING :poop::poop: They look rubbish and have totally ruined the look of a limited edition bike. That design anomaly you mentioned is the extension of the Union Flag design on the fairing, you've only got to look at the side on photo's you posted on your previous post to see that. It's your bike to feck up as you choose but I think it's awful and a real shame to ruin a limited edition bike like that :scream: well you did ask : unamused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!
    Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    They look like non slip door mats! Can they be removed without any damage to the paintwork? :neutral:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    #116 speedrattle, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    i ride a lot of old stuff that came with amal; carburetors. . . monoblocs, concentrics, whatever.

i am not a fan of amal carburetters, although i use them on some things because theyre on there and still work. but when i replace carbs i generally use more modern instruments. i ride my machines because i like to ride, and i don't mind giving up originality to make them easier for me to tune correctly. (ii am not good with amals).

but putting modern carburetters on old cylinder heads is problematic. thw new stuff-- mikunis of various sorts, or FCR keihins-- is generally spigot mount, while amals were mounted with 2-inch flanges. making the conversion requires a 50mm flange to spigot adapter, which is often hard to find, as the standard is 60mm. and very expensive

but the other day i found four of these on eBay, all at once

[​IMG]

these were sold as used, but theyre brand new. the hole centers are 50mm, or two inches, the OD of the spigot is 40mm, which is what i need, and the ID is around 31mm.

good enough to mount a 32 or 34mm mikuni, a 35mm keihin (maybe, i can always ream em out), and i can also use them on my flange mount 1-5/32-inch amal GP2 racing carbs to adapt to a spigot conversion T120 cylinder head, by using all four and a sleeve connector with jubilees.

you can also use them to put more modern carbs on BSAs, nortons (maybe, depending on clearance), or anything that used a two-inch amal flange.

beautifully machined and they were cheap.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    It doesn’t matter what other folk think, if it a solution to your problems, that’s cool... fair dinkum!
    If you are more concerned with other people’s opinions of looks over performance... you may run into an issue! Take it out and hang off it... is it help or hindrance? Is it inspiring or impeding? It will be interesting to know...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Tell us what you really think Helmut.

Seriously. though. I've always been a function over form type. It's your ride. If it works for you, fug it. Ride on.

• Like Like x 2
  19. they grip. Maybe, you've never experienced the extra control with these while leaning far. When you brake hard, does all your body momentum go through your arms? Imagine gripping the tank hard with your knees into these. Not something easy-riders think about. Yes, they peel off.

• Like Like x 1