Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    #801 speedrattle, Mar 31, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    need a motor for a sidecar tug im building. most of it is a 1966 TR6, but these 1970 cases have UNC and UNF rather than CEI and BSF

https://i.imgur.com/Oo3n81p.png

[​IMG]

still have a set of 66 cases that i was going to use, but these were so inexpensive that i couldnt pass em up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad to hear that’s been resolved, @TonyG! Would love to see a photo of that new bike.

3. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Cheers Sandi, I'll try to post one when I get it.

4. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Here you go Sandi
    IMG_20240404_130448111.jpg IMG_20240404_130430327.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  5. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Cheers Dawsy!
    Haven't ridden it yet as it's pissing down.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    Very nice ;) have you put anything on the tank to prevent the paint getting marked up? The matte paint on one of the side tank panels on my GS had to be replaced under warranty before it had done 1000 miles. I ended up getting PPF fitted to it that cured the problem

8. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #808 Pegscraper, Apr 4, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    The matt paint scheme on the tank is pure class!:grinning:

Edit.....just noticed the tyres. I had some Pirellis on a Ducati a while back with very similar tread pattern. I do wonder, given the tyre law in the UK, "1mm across 3/4 of the tread pattern and visible tread across the remaining 1/4 ", how tyres like this can be road legal!:joy:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Never had anything with a matt finish, might see about a tank pad. The tyres are full on sports tyres, but yes they do look like they wouldn't meet the tyre depth measures but must do so I presume.
    I need to install the K-Tech rear suspension I've taken off my wrecked Thruxton when I have time, might get them serviced first as they have done about 8,000 miles and handbook states should be serviced at 10,000.
    Thanks all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That is one beautiful example of the speed twin. Happy new bike day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Yummy.......

IMG_4573.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Just bought a 2nd hand alloy sump guard for the Scrambler. It came with a plastic one which is more than adequate for road use TBH but you can't stick a jack under it to raise the front wheel off the ground like I could with the alloy version on the Street Scrambler. I'll probably powder coat it black or maybe use black stonechip paint to make it blend in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I just retired my Shoei RF-1200 that I bought shortly after purchasing my 2019 Speed Triple RS. That helmet looked like it had been painted to match my bike--white with black and red graphics very similar in shape to the graphics on the bike.

I replaced it with an all white Shoei Neotec II last week. I purchased a black Neotec II not too long ago and I'd say this is the best fitting helmet (for my head) that I've ever owned. And I wasn't keen on modulars but now have come to appreciate how convenient they can be. This white helmet goes very nicely with both my white Speed Triple as well as my "Fast Johnnie" blue with white stripes Harley Low Rider ST.

So I'm also in the process of downsizing my helmet collection. My sister-in-law got my matte black Shoei RF-SR and my nephew (the one who bought my 2020 orange Street Glide) got my orange Shoei RF-SR for his girlfriend. And I had a nearly new Bell SRT Modular that I sold for a song (along with two Sena comm systems) to a friend who works at Harley for his girlfriend. I can't believe that I knew three women all in short order who wear a size Medium. That NEVER happens! For the record, I did like the Bell but I bought it for our long tours and it just isn't nearly as quiet or fit me as well as the Shoel.

Ahhh, almost forgot. The Shoei Neotec II's are on sale for 25% off! :grinning: Of course, that's because they've just now come out with the Neotec III's. :joy: And neither the face shields nor the comm system (that fits flush with the helmet) are interchangeable. :rolleyes: So I'll be sticking with my Neotec II's until it's time to retire them. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Ah I’m on Neotec 2 in white too!! Just sooo much more vision when parking up or similar

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Neotec 2 in white, +1.
    My last helmet was black and I found it very hot and uncomfortable in hot weather in Summer, back in the days when we actually saw the Sun! White not only reflects heat better but goes with just about any colour scheme.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The only white helmet I've had was the Shoei RF-1200 I just retired. It wasn't completely white as it had some black and some red graphics but the primary color was white. I pretty much just wore that helmet on my Speed Triple and never really do long miles on that bike. It will be interesting when our scalding summer temps hit (right around the corner, I'm afraid) to see the difference between my white helmet and my black. In addition to being my Speed Triple and my Low Rider ST helmet, it may just become my "Summer Helmet"!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    The Neotec 2 is also "approved" for riding with the front flipped which I find very useful in town and in hot weather. Not all modular helmets have this. Obviously this will reduce crash protection in a spill and also massively increases wind resistance and noise at speed. If the chinstrap is labelled P/J it has flipped riding approval but not with just a P rating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Latest addition to the tool shed. Top quality kit IMO, now made in the PRC.

IMG_2718.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    A mate bought a Milwaukee battery impact gun. It beats my pneumatic CP gun which was our benchmark previously.
    Very powerful but at the last attempt, when removing the rear wheel ( single nut) on his Ducati, even that couldn't undo it o_O

20. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    This is my 2nd drill. Nothing wrong with the one I already have but a second drill comes in handy sometimes when you're drilling and screwing!:grinning:
    I also have an 18v impact wrench with almost 1500Nm of slackening torque and it's not been defeated yet, everything from big seized suspension bolts on the 4x4 to a really seized swingarm bolt on the Husaberg. Mind you it was almost £500, even after a discount at a promotional event at a local dealer some years ago with all the razzmatazz and some gorgeous Milwaukee dolly birds!:heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 1